From: AAH on
When I try to install Drive Image7 on to
WinXP Pro, The error message is:-
"1607: Unable to install installshield
Scripting Runtime"
Any help? I have no idea?

I bought the Drive Image7 cd few year ago.
It was part of Drive Image 2000 or Ver 6.

There must be some upgrade over the years
Can any user of Drive Image Ver 7 please be
help to pinpoint the site where an upgrade can
be found.

I shall be very very grateful for help?

From: Allan on

"AAH" <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
> When I try to install Drive Image7 on to
> WinXP Pro, The error message is:-
> "1607: Unable to install installshield
> Scripting Runtime"
> Any help? I have no idea?
>
> I bought the Drive Image7 cd few year ago.
> It was part of Drive Image 2000 or Ver 6.
>
> There must be some upgrade over the years
> Can any user of Drive Image Ver 7 please be
> help to pinpoint the site where an upgrade can
> be found.
>
> I shall be very very grateful for help?
Ask for a new CD from the software manufacturer; it may be incompatible with
current Windows XP.

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

> When I try to install Drive Image7 on to
> WinXP Pro, The error message is:-
> "1607: Unable to install installshield
> Scripting Runtime"
> Any help? I have no idea?
>
> I bought the Drive Image7 cd few year ago.
> It was part of Drive Image 2000 or Ver 6.
>
> There must be some upgrade over the years
> Can any user of Drive Image Ver 7 please be
> help to pinpoint the site where an upgrade can
> be found.
>
> I shall be very very grateful for help?

DriveImage 7 is so old that Acronis made it available freely for a while.
You can install it on some Win2000 machine, then burn a bootable Recovery CD
and use that CD on your WinXP machine.

From: Doum on
s-sandra(a)btconnect.com �crivait

> On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 19:34:36 -0500, just as I was about to take a
> herb, "Allan" <mu8ja0i(a)earthlink.net> disturbed my reverie and wrote:
>
>>Ask for a new CD from the software manufacturer; it may be
>>incompatible with current Windows XP.
>
> a) It's not made any more as per previous post
> b) since when did software housed give out CDs to replace old
> versions.

Some softwares come with lifetime upgrade, but as you mention, they won't
give CDs, the user must download the upgrade installation file.
From: Doum on
"Pegasus [MVP]" <news(a)microsoft.com> �crivait

> "AAH" <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
>> When I try to install Drive Image7 on to
>> WinXP Pro, The error message is:-
>> "1607: Unable to install installshield
>> Scripting Runtime"
>> Any help? I have no idea?
>>
>> I bought the Drive Image7 cd few year ago.
>> It was part of Drive Image 2000 or Ver 6.
>>
>> There must be some upgrade over the years
>> Can any user of Drive Image Ver 7 please be
>> help to pinpoint the site where an upgrade can
>> be found.
>>
>> I shall be very very grateful for help?
>>

> DriveImage 7 is so old that Acronis made it available freely for a
> while. You can install it on some Win2000 machine, then burn a
> bootable Recovery CD and use that CD on your WinXP machine.

....without installing it; used that way, it works with whatever is on the
HD.