From: mikeyhsd on
additionally it males a BIG difference whether you boot direct to DVD or install from within windows.
you need to boot direct to the dvd to install.

mikeyhsd(a)hotmail.com

"Richard LeBlanc" <dandr(a)xplornet.com> wrote in message news:OkBWP7MYKHA.1268(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
I don't have any USB attached and My bios is as indicated. I have been
running on E drive for some time but now is time to re install and I got the
same results. I'm not sure what
happened to change it. I guess maybe I am to fussy. I presently have a fresh
install with only XP installed and thought there might be some easy way to
change it as it seems to me that it was easy to get it where it is now but I
don't know that I done anything unusual on former install.

Richard

From: philo on
Richard LeBlanc wrote:
> I don't have any USB attached and My bios is as indicated. I have been
> running on E drive for some time but now is time to re install and I got the
> same results. I'm not sure what
> happened to change it. I guess maybe I am to fussy. I presently have a fresh
> install with only XP installed and thought there might be some easy way to
> change it as it seems to me that it was easy to get it where it is now but I
> don't know that I done anything unusual on former install.
>
> Richard
>
> "Richard LeBlanc" <dandr(a)xplornet.com> wrote in message
>> WindowsXP - After format and re install drive C became Drive E. How can I
>> get it back to drive C. It installed on the same partition but the drive
>> letter changed to E.

Put the drive on the first SATA or IDE channel.

If your mobo has capabilities for both...disable the one you are not using.

Again...it will not hurt anything to have Windows installed on the E: drive
From: Bill in Co. on
What is that annoying scrolling email address in there for?
"mikeyhsd" <mikeyhsd(a)lamparty.net> wrote in message news:udCa4HNYKHA.5368(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
disable the other drives in the bios.
unless one is needed for dual boot.

From: mikeyhsd on
because I like it.

mikeyhsd(a)hotmail.com

From: Bob I on
Unplug the printer with the memorycard slots?