From: Brausewetter, Kurt on
Hi
I work on a Device Upper Filter (WDK: Toaster)

I'm in the FilterAddDevice function and Enum the DeviceInterfaces with
IoGetDeviceInterfaces

Now my question:
How can i dublicate an DeviceInterface (in the same or an other
InterfaceClassGuid) with all Node/Pin Propertys/Data/...
The Interface is in its Driver with KsInitializeDriver or BdaXxxXxx generated.

CU Brause

From: Brausewetter, Kurt on
like an Alias with all Node and Pin...

From: Tim Roberts on
"Brausewetter, Kurt" <kurt.brausewetter_nospam_(a)t-online.de> wrote:

>I work on a Device Upper Filter (WDK: Toaster)
>
>I'm in the FilterAddDevice function and Enum the DeviceInterfaces with
>IoGetDeviceInterfaces
>
>Now my question:
>How can i dublicate an DeviceInterface (in the same or an other
>InterfaceClassGuid) with all Node/Pin Propertys/Data/...
>The Interface is in its Driver with KsInitializeDriver or BdaXxxXxx generated.

I think you are confused. Device interface are just used to find drivers.
They don't have anything to do with functionality. Unfortunately, the word
"interface" has several conflicting meanings in the driver world.

All of the kernel streaming APIs are implemented through ioctls. Why do
you want to duplicate them? As a filter driver, you can just pass through
the ones you don't want to handle.
--
Tim Roberts, timr(a)probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.
From: Brausewetter, Kurt on
Thanks for Answer!

No i'm not confused!
Why will i dublicate it (DeviceInterface)
I have a proprietary Software that use only it's own Interfaces
(FriendlyName). So i will it not Rename (The (SDK from the NEW Card have
Problems with this way)
When i have an Intervce with the orginal FriendlyName and one with the
proprietary FriendlyName.
BTW: It's a BDA RF Tuner an Capture you know it as DVB Card for TV in Europe

CU Brause

Gru� Brause
mailto:news.brause(a)gmx.de
~~~~~ M$-TrueType:Courier New 10 ~~~~~
~~~~~~~ \\!// ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
____ _( o o)_ ___ /(. .)\
_I__WW U WW_I_ ) (
___I___I___I___I___I__ ( Y )
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS: Der Kreis ist eine geometrische Figur, bei der an allen Ecken und Enden
gespart wurde.

From: Brausewetter, Kurt on
OK I'm confused: The words prove it ;-)
What want I to get:
I need 2 DeviceInterfaces (absolutely identical, to same PDO) with different
FriendlyName

AddDevice is not the right place. I have already learned from MSDN: The
DispatchPnp IRP_MN_START_DEVICE is better because I also has to react to
IRP_MN_REMOVE_DEVICE and others to start and stop etc.

But how can I Duplicate the Interface?

CU Brause

"Brausewetter, Kurt" <kurt.brausewetter_nospam_(a)t-online.de> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:ez2ufMdULHA.1384(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...