From: ebloch on
Vista Home Premium SP-1 64 bit, Eudora 7.1.0.9 Sponsored, cable connection

Last week my mailbox panel started to show two (2) each of the In, Out,
Junk, and Trash mailboxes. This happened after I had copied all mailboxes
and other data from my XP laptop that I use for traveling. I did not copy
the various "ini" and log files because of the difference in operating
systems and file layouts.

I have done this before without problems.

One each of the In and Out mailboxes contained old mail so I emptied them
and Eudora operated fine but I wanted to remove the duplicate, empty
mailboxes.
-- They could not be deleted from within Eudora.
-- There is only one of each mailbox in the Eudora data folder,
-- The data folder is separate from the program folder.

To attempt to fix the problem I:
1. Copied the Eudora data folder to another folder.
2. Uninstalled Eudora
3. Deleted all "ini" and log files that were left in the data folder
4. Re-installed Eudora from a saved copy of the download specifying my
existing data folder
5. Ran Eudora which required setting up all my personalities and entering my
registration code.
6. Eudora operates normally, BUT,

There are STILL two (2) each of the In, Out, Junk, and Trash mailboxes.

Todays log shows for only 2 personalities of 14: Error opening LMOS file :
OsError=2, cause=2
The 2 personalities are not used to receive email.

Any suggestions on how to get rid of the extra mailboxes?

From: John H Meyers on
On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 21:57:36 -0600

> Last week my mailbox panel started to show two (2) each of the
> In, Out, Junk, and Trash mailboxes.

Where? In the "Recent" folder?

The "Recent" folder represents recently opened mailboxes,
and its entries are not "duplicates," just very handy "links"
for re-opening recently used mailboxes
which otherwise might be far down the list,
if one happens to have a very large list (or some which
might be "buried" under other containing folders),
similar to the Windows "Documents" list in the "Start" menu
(if still there :)

You can make the "Recent" folder disappear entirely
by setting its item count to zero under "Mailboxes" options.

If this isn't your issue, perhaps a more detailed description
(or a link to an uploaded image) might clarify.

As to other issues, probably caused by _not_ copying
all the files you carefully avoided copying :)

From: ebloch on
I do not use the "Recent" folder but I have solved that problem. The
duplicate MBXs were shown in the MBX list but not at the top where the
active ones are shown.

I used a free search program called "Everything" http://www.voidtools.com/
and searched for "In.mbx" which found a second copy in a sub-sub-folder.

Deletion of the extra "mbx" files in that folder eliminated the extras in
MBX list.

Todays log file still shows for 2 personalities::

MAIN 8192: 0.00 Error opening LMOS file
C:\...\Eudora\spool\<personality>\lmos.dat: OsError=2, cause=2

Which is interesting because BOTH of their spool files are empty, without
LMOS files.

Eric

From: Ajo Wissink on

but in your first post you said:

>Last week my mailbox panel started to show two (2) each of the In, Out,
>Junk, and Trash mailboxes.

I'm curious. Why did you have to do a search when your mailbox panel
already showed these mailboxes?
--
Ajo Wissink
From: ebloch on
It was not obvious to me from the Eudora MBX panel where they were located
and I did not see them in the Eudora data folder. Since Eudora was working
OK I felt it would not be worth the time to manually search the many Eudora
sub-folders.

After I posted my problem I remembered the "Everything" search program. It
is fast and you can enter partial file names like ".mbx" and it returns full
paths. Using "In.mbx" turned up two files and problem solved.

Eric