From: Plamen Tanovski on
Hi,

I have an Avision 220 and I am pleased with its work. The only and very
big problem is, that the scanner gets dusty also _under_ the glass which
causes vertical lines in the scans. Cleaning under the glass is almost
impossible. Can someone recommend me an ADF scanner, which is easy to
clean even under the glass. As I read on the net, dusty glass seems to
be a common problem for all ADF-only scanners.

best regards
From: Nick Wedd on
In message <hvcim6$77o$00$1(a)news.t-online.com>, Plamen Tanovski
<pgt(a)arcor.de> writes
>Hi,
>
>I have an Avision 220 and I am pleased with its work. The only and very
>big problem is, that the scanner gets dusty also _under_ the glass which
>causes vertical lines in the scans. Cleaning under the glass is almost
>impossible. Can someone recommend me an ADF scanner, which is easy to
>clean even under the glass. As I read on the net, dusty glass seems to
>be a common problem for all ADF-only scanners.

In my experience, with an Epson scanner, the lines on the scan aren't
caused by dust under the glass, but by dust on the mirrors. (Dust on
the underside of the glass merely causes slight out-of-focus smudges on
the images.) Opening it up and cleaning the mirrors is difficult but
necessary.

Nick
--
Nick Wedd nick(a)maproom.co.uk
From: Plamen Tanovski on
Nick Wedd <nick(a)maproom.co.uk> writes:

>>I have an Avision 220 and I am pleased with its work. The only and very
>>big problem is, that the scanner gets dusty also _under_ the glass which
>>causes vertical lines in the scans. Cleaning under the glass is almost
>>impossible. Can someone recommend me an ADF scanner, which is easy to
>>clean even under the glass. As I read on the net, dusty glass seems to
>>be a common problem for all ADF-only scanners.
>
> In my experience, with an Epson scanner, the lines on the scan aren't caused
> by dust under the glass, but by dust on the mirrors. (Dust on the underside
> of the glass merely causes slight out-of-focus smudges on the images.)
> Opening it up and cleaning the mirrors is difficult but necessary.

Thanks for that valuable advise. Cleaning the mirror is a bit easier in
Avision.

best regards