From: MM on
> 1 same size rquirement is BS, the tool should tolerate also different
> sized blocks

It should... however it doesn't....

> 2 and.. same size blocks dont work either, only first one gets PLACED,
> second stays unprocessed
>
> so its just another Xilinx bug,

Well, I do have a V4 design, which uses 4 consecutive 32KB BRAM blocks each
attached through an individual PLB_BRAM controller and it works (last tried
in 8.1)... Perhaps you are trying to do something more advanced...

/Mikhail

From: Antti Lukats on
"MM" <mbmsv(a)yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> 1 same size rquirement is BS, the tool should tolerate also different
>> sized blocks
>
> It should... however it doesn't....
>
>> 2 and.. same size blocks dont work either, only first one gets PLACED,
>> second stays unprocessed
>>
>> so its just another Xilinx bug,
>
> Well, I do have a V4 design, which uses 4 consecutive 32KB BRAM blocks
> each
> attached through an individual PLB_BRAM controller and it works (last
> tried
> in 8.1)... Perhaps you are trying to do something more advanced...
>

> /Mikhail

hm, i have two 64K blocks on LMB bus, and only first one is updated in the
BMM file :(
I dont think this is advanced use ?

Antti

From: MM on
> hm, i have two 64K blocks on LMB bus, and only first one is updated in the
> BMM file :(
> I dont think this is advanced use ?

One obvious difference is that I am working with PPC and using PLB_BRAM
controllers while you are dealing with MicroBlaze... I can't say why it
should matter though...

/Mikhail

From: Antti on
MM schrieb:

> > hm, i have two 64K blocks on LMB bus, and only first one is updated in the
> > BMM file :(
> > I dont think this is advanced use ?
>
> One obvious difference is that I am working with PPC and using PLB_BRAM
> controllers while you are dealing with MicroBlaze... I can't say why it
> should matter though...
>
> /Mikhail

BUG::: EDK 8.2 generates BMMs incompatible with ISE 8.2
when BRAM blocks are consecutive.
if there is gap in address space then it all works.

there is a workaround to manually fix the generated BMM files

Antti

From: MM on
"Antti" <Antti.Lukats(a)xilant.com> wrote in message

> BUG::: EDK 8.2 generates BMMs incompatible with ISE 8.2
> when BRAM blocks are consecutive.
> if there is gap in address space then it all works.
>
> there is a workaround to manually fix the generated BMM files

So they broke it in 8.2!!!! Are you talking about the AR 24296 for the fix?
This is as ugly as it can only get :( I can't beleive this....

/Mikhail

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: ise 7.1
Next: spartan-3e starter kit and ethernet