From: Antti on
MM schrieb:

> "Antti" <Antti.Lukats(a)xilant.com> wrote in message
> >
> > BUG::: EDK 8.2 generates BMMs incompatible with ISE 8.2
> > when BRAM blocks are consecutive.
> > if there is gap in address space then it all works.
> >
> > there is a workaround to manually fix the generated BMM files
>
> So they broke it in 8.2!!!! Are you talking about the AR 24296 for the fix?
> This is as ugly as it can only get :( I can't beleive this....
>
> /Mikhail

ROTFL !!!

yes, its AR24296 - but see its not a bug, its a FEATURE!!!!

Quoting Xilinx: "..is a new feature in 8.2i that does not work well.."

I can confirm, that this feature brakes everything in contigous memory
blocks. well my workaround is simpler and doesnt require FPGA editor to
be used, just wrap all memory blocks in its own ADDRESS_SPACE container
and rerun ngdbuild this will update the BMM file properly, but this
means that you cant do it from the GUI any more

Antti

From: MM on
Hi Antti,

Could you please elaborate a little bit on your solution? I have just tried
building my old design in ISE 8.2 and it doesn't update the bmm file at all,
i.e. I don't see edkBmmFile_bd.bmm file being generated whatsoever...
although I do know that ngbuild processes the edkBmmFile.bmm.

Thanks,
/Mikhail

From: MM on
Antti,

Sorry, it does actually produces the file but with the exactly the same
problem as you described it... So, my question on your solution still
stands...

Thanks,
/Mikhail

From: Antti on
MM schrieb:

> Antti,
>
> Sorry, it does actually produces the file but with the exactly the same
> problem as you described it... So, my question on your solution still
> stands...
>
> Thanks,
> /Mikhail

this is non working, generated by EDK 8.2

ADDRESS_MAP microblaze_0 MICROBLAZE 100
ADDRESS_SPACE bram_combined COMBINED [0x00000000:0x0002FFFF]
ADDRESS_RANGE RAMB16
BUS_BLOCK
END_BUS_BLOCK;
END_ADDRESS_RANGE;
ADDRESS_RANGE RAMB16
BUS_BLOCK

END_BUS_BLOCK;
END_ADDRESS_RANGE;

ADDRESS_RANGE RAMB16
BUS_BLOCK

END_BUS_BLOCK;
END_ADDRESS_RANGE;
END_ADDRESS_SPACE;

END_ADDRESS_MAP;

the fix is to SPLIT the address space in seperate addresses spaces
so in each address space there is only one BUS_BLOCK

the in it seems to work, eg all blocks get "PLACED" ok

Antti

From: MM on
Antti,

I've done as you say but something is not working, the updated bmm file is
not being created at all... You said something before to the effect that
after correcting the bmm file one can't use GUI anymore... What exactly did
you mean?

What is the correct syntax for the file with splitted address space? I used
the one generated by 8.1. It looks like this:

ADDRESS_BLOCK plb_bram_if_cntlr_1_bram RAMB16 [0xfffe8000:0xfffeffff]
BUS_BLOCK
END_BUS_BLOCK;
END_ADDRESS_BLOCK;
ADDRESS_BLOCK plb_bram_if_cntlr_0_bram RAMB16 [0xfffe0000:0xfffe7fff]
BUS_BLOCK
END_BUS_BLOCK;
END_ADDRESS_BLOCK;
ADDRESS_BLOCK plb_bram_if_cntlr_2_bram RAMB16 [0xffff0000:0xffff7fff]
BUS_BLOCK
END_BUS_BLOCK;
END_ADDRESS_BLOCK;
ADDRESS_BLOCK plb_bram_if_cntlr_3_bram RAMB16 [0xffff8000:0xffffffff]
BUS_BLOCK
END_BUS_BLOCK;
END_ADDRESS_BLOCK;

So the keywords are a little different... I guess that's my problem... Do I
need both ADDRESS_SPACE and ADDRESS RANGE?

Thanks,
/Mikhail

> MM schrieb:
>
>> Antti,
>>
>> Sorry, it does actually produces the file but with the exactly the same
>> problem as you described it... So, my question on your solution still
>> stands...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> /Mikhail
>

> this is non working, generated by EDK 8.2
>
> ADDRESS_MAP microblaze_0 MICROBLAZE 100
> ADDRESS_SPACE bram_combined COMBINED [0x00000000:0x0002FFFF]
> ADDRESS_RANGE RAMB16
> BUS_BLOCK
> END_BUS_BLOCK;
> END_ADDRESS_RANGE;
> ADDRESS_RANGE RAMB16
> BUS_BLOCK
>
> END_BUS_BLOCK;
> END_ADDRESS_RANGE;
>
> ADDRESS_RANGE RAMB16
> BUS_BLOCK
>
> END_BUS_BLOCK;
> END_ADDRESS_RANGE;
> END_ADDRESS_SPACE;
>
> END_ADDRESS_MAP;
>
> the fix is to SPLIT the address space in seperate addresses spaces
> so in each address space there is only one BUS_BLOCK
>
> the in it seems to work, eg all blocks get "PLACED" ok
>
> Antti

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: ise 7.1
Next: spartan-3e starter kit and ethernet