From: johnp on
On Feb 25, 2:04 pm, austin <aus...(a)xilinx.com> wrote:
> John,
>
> I just love the Dilbert cartoon where they try to out-do each other
> about the 'old days:'
>
> "I used to program in 1's and 0's!"
>
> "That's nothing, all we had were l's and O's ( small letter L and
> capital letter O)"
>
> "Heck, all I had were 0's...."
>
> Yes, I have some 1702's, along with the 4004 4 bit CPU, and some 2102
> SRAM devices Intel handed out to customers to "introduce" them to the
> microcomputer.
>
> I just remember that if you put the 1702 in the socket rotated 180
> degrees, it blew out all the bond wires.  Someone came to the lab one
> day saying "did you know that the EPROM lights up when you program
> it?"
>
> Austin

Austin -

I was at a company that create a dual 4004 syetem for reading digital
holograms. It was quite an
eye opener for me - senior in high school working at a company with a
ton of leading edge technology.

I still have my 4004 programming cheat-sheet.

John
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: antti alive message