From: Jorge Silva on
How many domains do you have now?

If you run ntdsutil, list, how many domains do see on AD Db?

Did you tried to rebuild the Dns Structure?

Assuming that you have DNS AD integrated Follow all steps to rebuild Dns
Structure:

* Delete the forward zone and the reverse lookup zone

*go to the %systemroot%\system32\dns - delete any old zone that you may have
there.

*delete the files netlogon.dnb and netlogon.dns from
%systemroot%\system32\config

*create the forward lookup zone and the reverse lookup zone make them AD
integrated, for security purposes make sure that the zones only accept
secure only - updates.

*restart the netlogon service, confirm the creation of the files
netlogon.dnb and netlogon.dns on %systemroot%\system32\config

*run ipconfig /registerdns

*run netdiag /fix

--
I hope that the information above helps you

Good Luck
Jorge Silva
MCSA
Systems Administrator

From: Darren on
My reponses are inline....below..
> How many domains do you have now?
A single forest /single domain
> If you run ntdsutil, list, how many domains do see on AD Db?
1 domain
> Did you tried to rebuild the Dns Structure?
no I have not...
> Assuming that you have DNS AD integrated Follow all steps to rebuild Dns
Yes , DNS is AD Intergrated ..
If I do implement the following steps below would I loose all registered
computernames in DNS . Assuming this procedure would create a DNS in AD and
all computers will register in DNS again ? correct..??

From: Jorge Silva on
In Line

> If I do implement the following steps below would I loose all registered
> computernames in DNS . Assuming this procedure would create a DNS in AD
> and all computers will register in DNS again ? correct..??

That's correct, all computers will register in DNS again.

--

> My reponses are inline....below..
> "Jorge Silva" <jorgesilva_pt(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> How many domains do you have now?
> A single forest /single domain
>> If you run ntdsutil, list, how many domains do see on AD Db?
> 1 domain
>> Did you tried to rebuild the Dns Structure?
> no I have not...
>> Assuming that you have DNS AD integrated Follow all steps to rebuild Dns
> Yes , DNS is AD Intergrated ..
> If I do implement the following steps below would I loose all registered
> computernames in DNS . Assuming this procedure would create a DNS in AD
> and all computers will register in DNS again ? correct..??
>> Structure:
>>
>> * Delete the forward zone and the reverse lookup zone
>>
>> *go to the %systemroot%\system32\dns - delete any old zone that you may
>> have there.
>>
>> *delete the files netlogon.dnb and netlogon.dns from
>> %systemroot%\system32\config
>>
>> *create the forward lookup zone and the reverse lookup zone make them AD
>> integrated, for security purposes make sure that the zones only accept
>> secure only - updates.
>>
>> *restart the netlogon service, confirm the creation of the files
>> netlogon.dnb and netlogon.dns on %systemroot%\system32\config
>>
>> *run ipconfig /registerdns
>>
>> *run netdiag /fix
>>

>> --
>> I hope that the information above helps you
>>
>> Good Luck
>> Jorge Silva
>> MCSA
>> Systems Administrator
>>
>> "Darren" <Darren(a)somewhere.com(Don't Spam)> wrote in message
>>> No error.when I ran nltest /dsgetdc:yourdomain.com. that the weird
>>> thing.. I also tried reset the secure channel nltest
>>> /sc_reset:yourdomain .. same error,,,ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN
>>>

>>> "Jorge Silva" <jorgesilva_pt(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Lsasrv Event ID 40960
Next: DC Promotion