From: Darren on
Hi, All
I recently performed a test restore of my production DC to dissimilar
hardware for the most part I had no issues. I ran a metadata cleanup to
remove orphan DC's entries since I am just restoring one DC and not all 16
DC's . I deleted all sites since I was only concern with the one site /DC I
am restoring .
I was successfully able to load all fsmo's ,DNS and GC on my restore
server and I was able to join a few computers to my restored Domain/DC.
I then performed some post AD verification tests (DCDiag /v and Netdiag /v
no errors) all seems fine. my fsmo's ,DNS and GC were all online eg
however WHen I run nltest /sc_verify:mydomain.com I get the following error:
I_NetLogonControl failed: Status = 1355 0x54b ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN..
Any ideas would certainly be appreciated...

Thanks
Darren

From: Jorge Silva on
Hi
Check if it helps:

Windows 2000 Patch:GetEffectiveRightsFromAcl Function Causes
ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5D1C98BC-C594-4403-8EC9-C250331D56FC

GetEffectiveRightsFromAcl() Function Causes "ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN" Error
Message
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=286360

--
I hope that the information above helps you

Good Luck
Jorge Silva
MCSA
Systems Administrator

From: Darren on
Hi, Jorge
Thanks for the Q article however I forgot to mention that I am running
windows 2003 as a result I don't think the Q article would be applicable in
my case...

Thanks

From: Jorge Silva on
Hi

if you run
nltest /dsgetdc:yourdomain.com

do get any error?

- Can you give more details, about how you did removed the Dcs and/or
Domains and /or sites, how were the Domains and/or Dcs configured, how /
when did you backup up the Systate?

- Did ou followed the articles to remove the DCs/Domains?
Using Ntdsutil.exe to transfer or seize FSMO roles to a domain controller

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/255504/

Overview of Active Directory Objects That Are Used by FRS

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296183/

Wizard to force demotion in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows 2000 Server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/332199

How to remove data in Active Directory after an unsuccessful domain
controller demotion

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=216498

How To Remove Orphaned Domains from Active Directory

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230306

Clean up server metadata

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/012793ee-5e8c-4a5c-9f66-4a486a7114fd1033.mspx?mfr=true

From: Darren on
No error.when I ran nltest /dsgetdc:yourdomain.com. that the weird thing.. I
also tried reset the secure channel nltest /sc_reset:yourdomain .. same
error,,,ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN

> Hi
>
> if you run
> nltest /dsgetdc:yourdomain.com
>
> do get any error?
>
> - Can you give more details, about how you did removed the Dcs and/or
> Domains and /or sites, how were the Domains and/or Dcs configured, how /
> when did you backup up the Systate?
>
> - Did ou followed the articles to remove the DCs/Domains?
> Using Ntdsutil.exe to transfer or seize FSMO roles to a domain controller
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/255504/
>

> Overview of Active Directory Objects That Are Used by FRS
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/296183/
>

> Wizard to force demotion in Windows Server 2003 and in Windows 2000 Server
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/332199
>
> How to remove data in Active Directory after an unsuccessful domain
> controller demotion
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=216498
>

> How To Remove Orphaned Domains from Active Directory
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230306
>

> Clean up server metadata
>
> http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsServer/en/Library/012793ee-5e8c-4a5c-9f66-4a486a7114fd1033.mspx?mfr=true
>

> --
> I hope that the information above helps you
>
> Good Luck
> Jorge Silva
> MCSA
> Systems Administrator
>
> "Darren" <Darren(a)somewhere.com(Don't Spam)> wrote in message
>> Hi, Jorge
>> Thanks for the Q article however I forgot to mention that I am running
>> windows 2003 as a result I don't think the Q article would be applicable
>> in my case...
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Jorge Silva" <jorgesilva_pt(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>> Check if it helps:
>>>
>>> Windows 2000 Patch:GetEffectiveRightsFromAcl Function Causes
>>> ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5D1C98BC-C594-4403-8EC9-C250331D56FC
>>>
>>> GetEffectiveRightsFromAcl() Function Causes "ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN" Error
>>> Message
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=286360
>>>
>>> --
>>> I hope that the information above helps you
>>>
>>> Good Luck
>>> Jorge Silva
>>> MCSA
>>> Systems Administrator
>>>
>>> "Darren" <Darren(a)somewhere.com(Don't Spam)> wrote in message

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Lsasrv Event ID 40960
Next: DC Promotion