From: BruceM via AccessMonster.com on
Try removing the square brackets from around Me.

If still no success, simplify the expression:

=DSum("Amount","Table1")

If that works, try adding a single criteria:

=DSum("Amount","Table1","[Customer No] = ' " & Me.[cboCustomerNumber] & " ' ")

Keep keep building one element at a time until you find what is causing the
problem.

From: Alan on

Customer No Posting Period Date Amount
C00001 2009/07 500
C00001 2009/07 500
C00002 2009/07 1000
C00002 2009/07 600
C00001 2009/08 500
C00001 2009/08 500

=DSum("Amount","Table1") That give me the value of 3600
which is correct

=DSum("Amount","Table1","[Customer No] = ' " & Me.[cboCustomerNumber] & " ' ")

This gives me #Name

From: RonaldoOneNil on
Take the spaces out between your single quotes and double quotes and also is
the Customer No "C00001" the bound column in your combo box.

From: Alan on

WAHOOO

we have progress i had to change the bound to bound column 1

ID Customer No Posting Period Date Amount

These are my fields for that table

i only placed Customer no in the Row source, so why do i select bound column
1 and not 0??

Also now i'm trying to introduce the posting Period Date combo

=DSum("Amount","Table1","[CustomerNo] = '" & [cboCustomerNumber] & "'" And
Format([Posting Date Period],'yyyymm') = '" &
Format([cboPostingDate],"yyyymm") & "'")

but i get invalid string syntax ???

From: Alan on
Correction its bound to column 0 i understand that part,