From: annily on
Clocky wrote:
> annily wrote:
>> Clocky wrote:
>>> It works on my XP box but the syncing is pretty shithouse. What I
>>> did is capture the video with the EasyCrap and then capture the
>>> audio with the line-in or Mic on my PC.
>>>
>>> That works much better and is more flexible.
>>>
>> I used VirtualDub under Vista to capture both video and audio and
>> managed to get it to sync OK.
>
> Are you using a specific Vista driver or the XP driver?

As far as I recall, I'm using whatever driver Vista installed
automatically when it originally detected the hardware.
From: annily on
annily wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>> annily wrote:

>>> I used VirtualDub under Vista to capture both video and audio and
>>> managed to get it to sync OK.
>>
>> Are you using a specific Vista driver or the XP driver?
>>

> As far as I recall, I'm using whatever driver Vista installed
> automatically when it originally detected the hardware.

Juts to follow up on that, here is the driver summary from Device Manager:

Grabster AV350
Driver publisher: TerraTec
Driver date: 14-01-09
Driver version: 2.7.621.0
Driver digital signer: microsoft windows hardware compatibility publisher
From: Clocky on
annily wrote:
> annily wrote:
>> Clocky wrote:

>>> Are you using a specific Vista driver or the XP driver?
>>>

>> As far as I recall, I'm using whatever driver Vista installed
>> automatically when it originally detected the hardware.
>
> Juts to follow up on that, here is the driver summary from Device
> Manager:
> Grabster AV350
> Driver publisher: TerraTec
> Driver date: 14-01-09
> Driver version: 2.7.621.0
> Driver digital signer: microsoft windows hardware compatibility
> publisher

Thank you, maybe I can source a better driver for XP with that information
since the driver supplied with mine isn't very good.

From: annily on
Clocky wrote:
> annily wrote:
>> annily wrote:

>>> As far as I recall, I'm using whatever driver Vista installed
>>> automatically when it originally detected the hardware.
>> Juts to follow up on that, here is the driver summary from Device
>> Manager:
>> Grabster AV350
>> Driver publisher: TerraTec
>> Driver date: 14-01-09
>> Driver version: 2.7.621.0
>> Driver digital signer: microsoft windows hardware compatibility
>> publisher
>
> Thank you, maybe I can source a better driver for XP with that information
> since the driver supplied with mine isn't very good.

No worries. Good luck. I hope they didn't just write a better driver for
Vista and not update the XP one.