From: news reader on
Has anybody here been able to get one of these to work? It captures video
fine but not audio. Of course, I bought it so I could capture audio!
Some forums suggest downloading syntek stk version 1160 which I already
have. Any other suggestions?

From: annily on
news reader wrote:
> Has anybody here been able to get one of these to work? It captures video
> fine but not audio.

I've used one to capture video and audio together from a VCR.
From: Clocky on
news reader wrote:
> Has anybody here been able to get one of these to work? It captures
> video fine but not audio. Of course, I bought it so I could capture
> audio! Some forums suggest downloading syntek stk version 1160 which
> I already have. Any other suggestions?

It works on my XP box but the syncing is pretty shithouse. What I did is
capture the video with the EasyCrap and then capture the audio with the
line-in or Mic on my PC.

That works much better and is more flexible.

From: annily on
Clocky wrote:
> news reader wrote:
>> Has anybody here been able to get one of these to work? It captures
>> video fine but not audio. Of course, I bought it so I could capture
>> audio! Some forums suggest downloading syntek stk version 1160 which
>> I already have. Any other suggestions?
>
> It works on my XP box but the syncing is pretty shithouse. What I did is
> capture the video with the EasyCrap and then capture the audio with the
> line-in or Mic on my PC.
>
> That works much better and is more flexible.

I used VirtualDub under Vista to capture both video and audio and
managed to get it to sync OK.
From: Clocky on
annily wrote:
> Clocky wrote:
>> news reader wrote:
>>> Has anybody here been able to get one of these to work? It captures
>>> video fine but not audio. Of course, I bought it so I could capture
>>> audio! Some forums suggest downloading syntek stk version 1160 which
>>> I already have. Any other suggestions?
>>
>> It works on my XP box but the syncing is pretty shithouse. What I
>> did is capture the video with the EasyCrap and then capture the
>> audio with the line-in or Mic on my PC.
>>
>> That works much better and is more flexible.
>>

> I used VirtualDub under Vista to capture both video and audio and
> managed to get it to sync OK.

Are you using a specific Vista driver or the XP driver?