From: Rod Speed on
blofelds_cat wrote

> I have my internet connection with Telstra via a Motorola cable modem model SB5100i using an ethernet connection. I
> was told that if I use better cables the data transfer speed will improve. Any truth to that?

Nope.

> I just have the cables that came with it. I get horrible upload speeds of just 20kbps.

Nothing to do with the cable, clearly it works fine for the download side.

> Also there is a Linksys VOIP box inline, but that doesn't seem to have any effect.

> Expert advice needed please.

The problem isnt with the cable.

From: . on

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> blofelds_cat wrote
>
>> I have my internet connection with Telstra via a Motorola cable modem
>> model SB5100i using an ethernet connection. I was told that if I use
>> better cables the data transfer speed will improve. Any truth to that?
>
> Nope.
>
>> I just have the cables that came with it. I get horrible upload speeds of
>> just 20kbps.
>
> Nothing to do with the cable, clearly it works fine for the download side.
>
>> Also there is a Linksys VOIP box inline, but that doesn't seem to have
>> any effect.
>
>> Expert advice needed please.
>
> The problem isnt with the cable.

Probably limewire, or similar software
that`s hogging the connection.

From: SG1 on

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
BIG big snip>
> And the only time I actually need it is to ring the electricity supplier
> to get some idea about when the power is coming back.

This from the person who claims blackouts don't occur any more.

From: Rod Speed on
SG1 wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>> And the only time I actually need it is to ring the electricity
>> supplier to get some idea about when the power is coming back.

> This from the person who claims blackouts don't occur any more.

Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have always been a pathological liar.

From: atec 7 7 "atec on
Andy wrote:
> atec 7 7 wrote:
>

>>> Google Voip Echo, only get 1.7 Million responses !!
>> Do you have any idea how many people use voip with good success ?
>> considerably more than have problems I can assure you
>
>>> It's a bit too iffy butty for me, like other things in this world
>>> you can't have something cheaper and still expect to have the same
>>> quality. And if it works today, doesn't mean it will work 1 year from
>>> today. The cost of technology is too high, it just doesn't work.
>>
>> Ah ok so the years I and many other have used voip were wrong as it
>> appears you sample of of one is exemplary
>
> Indeed...all I needed to do was spend 5 minutes in the VoIP
> configuration pages of my modem/router to get rid of the echo and
> improve sound quality so as to be indistinguishable from a POTS.
>
> Andy.

So far echo removal in this site has consisted of changing algorithms
of course decent bandwidth helps