From: Rod Speed on
Andy wrote
> atec 7 7 wrote

>>> Google Voip Echo, only get 1.7 Million responses !!

>> Do you have any idea how many people use voip with good success ?
>> considerably more than have problems I can assure you

>>> It's a bit too iffy butty for me, like other things in this world you
>>> can't have something cheaper and still expect to have the same
>>> quality. And if it works today, doesn't mean it will work 1 year
>>> from today. The cost of technology is too high, it just doesn't work.

>> Ah ok so the years I and many other have used voip were
>> wrong as it appears you sample of of one is exemplary

> Indeed...all I needed to do was spend 5 minutes in the VoIP
> configuration pages of my modem/router to get rid of the echo and
> improve sound quality so as to be indistinguishable from a POTS.

I didnt even need to do that, just plug in the preconfigured ATA and start using it.

Only cost $5 too.

From: SG1 on

"Rod Speed" <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> SG1 wrote
>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>
>>> And the only time I actually need it is to ring the electricity
>>> supplier to get some idea about when the power is coming back.
>
>> This from the person who claims blackouts don't occur any more.
>
> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have always been a
> pathological liar.

Roddles a cupla years ago (long time for your alcohol soaked brain cells i
realize) you were raving on about the reliability of the modern electricity
network. Sorry but you were wrong then & u r wrong now. c u

From: Rod Speed on
SG1 wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote
>> SG1 wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote

>>> This from the person who claims blackouts don't occur any more.

>> Thanks for that completely superfluous proof that you have always been a pathological liar.

> Roddles a cupla years ago (long time for your alcohol soaked brain cells i realize) you were raving on about the
> reliability of the modern electricity network.

Never ever said that blackouts dont ever happen anymore, you silly little pathological liar.

From: Netmask on
ArseClown wrote:
> G'day all. I have my internet connection with Telstra via a Motorola
> cable modem model SB5100i using an ethernet connection. I was told
> that if I use better cables the data transfer speed will improve.
> Any truth to that? I just have the cables that came with it. I get
> horrible upload speeds of just 20kbps. Also there is a Linksys VOIP
> box inline, but that doesn't seem to have any effect. Expert advice
> needed please. ta!

Which plan are you on? theoretical download, upload speed, any
throttling? City, or rural? The speed you quote sounds like there is
something seriously wrong with your connection.
I take it from your comment that disconnecting the Linksys makes no
diffeence?
From: Mr.T on

"ArseClown" <4vs5g6g34e(a)4ge56r6e4.org> wrote in message
> G'day all. I have my internet connection with Telstra via a Motorola
> cable modem model SB5100i using an ethernet connection. I was told
> that if I use better cables the data transfer speed will improve.
> Any truth to that?

Absolutely, but the cables that are the problem are the Telstra ones, NOT
the one between your modem and computer! :-)

MrT.