From: olrmusic on
Hello,

I manage a website that I mainly edit from my office location using
Dreamweaver CS4 on a Mac. I also travel a bit and sometimes need to
edit pages from the road using my laptop. I was wondering what might
be the best and most efficient way to do this. I could edit from the
remote server or use check in/check out. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Steve
From: Duncan Kennedy on
In message
<1eb853a1-1b5f-45be-b15c-d0aab4ce7aaf(a)b36g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
olrmusic <onlinerock(a)gmail.com> writes
>Hello,
>
>I manage a website that I mainly edit from my office location using
>Dreamweaver CS4 on a Mac. I also travel a bit and sometimes need to
>edit pages from the road using my laptop. I was wondering what might
>be the best and most efficient way to do this. I could edit from the
>remote server or use check in/check out. Any thoughts?

When I do that (fairly regularly) I keep a copy of the site(s) on my
laptop and update before leaving the office so that I have the latest
version to work on on the road if asked to - but the sites I work on
are of modest size and not database based. I think if I had big sites
to update I might download the appropriate files as and when I needed
them.

The important point, of course, is to update the backup or base files on
the office system afterwards.
--
Duncan K
Downtown Dalgety Bay
From: Rguy84 on
On Nov 28, 11:55 am, olrmusic <onliner...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I manage a website that I mainly edit from my office location using
> Dreamweaver CS4 on a Mac.  I also travel a bit and sometimes need to
> edit pages from the road using my laptop.  I was wondering what might
> be the best and most efficient way to do this.  I could edit from the
> remote server or use check in/check out.  Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Steve,
Would you have an internet connection? I would ftp the files on the
road. Then when you get back into the office, make sure I "get" the
files first...