From: Nigel Lord on
I've just got a new Samsung GT-15700 Galaxy and have been having
trouble downloading my emails. When I first tried the phone, I entered
my email address (for btinternet) and the password and it worked
straight away - all my emails were there.

After a few days, however, it started to 'stall' while downloading and
wouldn't get new messages. Thinking it might have been an email with a
large attachment, I accessed the account via the web and deleted
everything that might have been causing problems - but still no luck.

I then tried accessing my other Hotmail account and the same thing
happened. It initially downloaded emails, then stalled and I get a
'Downloading Messages..." screen, but nothing ever comes.

Incidentally, I've tried with both GPS and Wifi access and get the same
result with both.

Anybody had any experience of this or suggest a solution?
If it hadn't originally worked, I have though it was a password/access
problem with the accounts - but that doesn't seem to be the case...

TIA,

Nige
From: Lewis A on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 15:02:15 +0100, Nigel Lord <nige(a)btroom.com>
wrote:

>I've just got a new Samsung GT-15700 Galaxy and have been having
>trouble downloading my emails. When I first tried the phone, I entered
>my email address (for btinternet) and the password and it worked
>straight away - all my emails were there.
>
>After a few days, however, it started to 'stall' while downloading and
>wouldn't get new messages. Thinking it might have been an email with a
>large attachment, I accessed the account via the web and deleted
>everything that might have been causing problems - but still no luck.
>
>I then tried accessing my other Hotmail account and the same thing
>happened. It initially downloaded emails, then stalled and I get a
>'Downloading Messages..." screen, but nothing ever comes.
>
>Incidentally, I've tried with both GPS and Wifi access and get the same
>result with both.
>
>Anybody had any experience of this or suggest a solution?
>If it hadn't originally worked, I have though it was a password/access
>problem with the accounts - but that doesn't seem to be the case...
>

>TIA,
>
>Nige

Try pressing the 'menu' key (on the left, under the screen), then
'refresh' from the pop-up list.
From: Nigel Lord on
> >Anybody had any experience of this or suggest a solution?
> >If it hadn't originally worked, I have though it was a password/access
> >problem with the accounts - but that doesn't seem to be the case...
> >

> >TIA,
> >
> >Nige
>
> Try pressing the 'menu' key (on the left, under the screen), then
> 'refresh' from the pop-up list.

Yes, I tried that but no luck - I just keep seeing that little circle
go round while it (claims) it's loading messages...!

Nige
From: Lewis A on
On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 18:39:59 +0100, Nigel Lord <nigel(a)btroom.com>
wrote:

>> >Anybody had any experience of this or suggest a solution?
>> >If it hadn't originally worked, I have though it was a password/access
>> >problem with the accounts - but that doesn't seem to be the case...
>> >

>> >TIA,
>> >
>> >Nige
>>
>> Try pressing the 'menu' key (on the left, under the screen), then
>> 'refresh' from the pop-up list.
>

>Yes, I tried that but no luck - I just keep seeing that little circle
>go round while it (claims) it's loading messages...!

Sorry to hear that, I thought I'd suggest the above as it was what
worked after the initially successfully working Google Mail app
stalled last week. Yes, my phone's new too...
I hadn't set up the email app till now, after a fair bit of hassle it
started off working, but *now* I'm getting your problem, it picked up
the first batch of emails, notification of new mail comes through but
those messages don't load. Frustratingly, the connection icon shows
data transfer *both* ways during this process.
Oh well, this can wait for tomorrow, now.

BTW, if you stare at it long enough you'll notice there are two of
those little circles going round :-)
From: Lewis A on
On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 00:27:17 +0100, Lewis A <noslime(a)thank.you> wrote:

>I hadn't set up the email app till now, after a fair bit of hassle it
>started off working, but *now* I'm getting your problem, it picked up
>the first batch of emails, notification of new mail comes through but
>those messages don't load. Frustratingly, the connection icon shows
>data transfer *both* ways during this process.
>Oh well, this can wait for tomorrow, now.

Scrub that, it works fine. There was some slowness on the email
provider's part coupled with human error (mine) which made it look
like there was a fault.