From: Bill on
I have just decided that Orange are absolute rubbish.

Hold the phone in your hand/enter a building and the signal goes =
irritating
Text message delivery reports at 1p = ridiculous
Handset branding and locking = annoying
Customer service in India = unhelpful
CS in UK = rude
The new tariffs = overpriced
3G data speeds = terrible, and sometimes unusable

Coverage in rural areas = actually not that bad
UMA = good in theory, good when it works

From: White Spirit on
On 16/07/2010 14:17, Bill wrote:

> I have just decided that Orange are absolute rubbish.

I've always been with Vodafone. Their customer service and tariffs are
excellent.
From: Andy Burns on
Bill wrote:

> I have just decided that Orange are absolute rubbish.
> Text message delivery reports at 1p = ridiculous

Make sure you don't jump to O2 then, standard delivery reports are
unavailable, you're back to the ancient method that orange used to use
of inserting a prefix into the message itself.

From: Tim Rogers on
On 16/07/2010 14:17, Bill wrote:
> I have just decided that Orange are absolute rubbish.
>
> Hold the phone in your hand/enter a building and the signal goes =
> irritating
> Text message delivery reports at 1p = ridiculous
> Handset branding and locking = annoying
> Customer service in India = unhelpful
> CS in UK = rude
> The new tariffs = overpriced
> 3G data speeds = terrible, and sometimes unusable
>
> Coverage in rural areas = actually not that bad
> UMA = good in theory, good when it works
>

> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news(a)netfront.net ---

Well I was going to jump from Orange on my �27 dophin tariff, got
offered a free Blackberry 9700, paying �20.25 a month (24 mth contract)
with unlimited texts, internet (oh alright 500 Mb) and 600 mins. Seemed
a good deal so took them up on the offer!!

You're right about UMA though.

Tim
From: Woody on
"Bill" <bill(a)bobsmyuncle.com> wrote in message
>I have just decided that Orange are absolute rubbish.
>
> Hold the phone in your hand/enter a building and the signal
> goes = irritating
> Text message delivery reports at 1p = ridiculous
> Handset branding and locking = annoying
> Customer service in India = unhelpful
> CS in UK = rude
> The new tariffs = overpriced
> 3G data speeds = terrible, and sometimes unusable
>
> Coverage in rural areas = actually not that bad
> UMA = good in theory, good when it works
>

> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints:
> news(a)netfront.net ---

I used to think that I lived in an Orange-free zone - called
Yorkshire. Having done some running around of late I've upgraded
that to England!

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com