From: White Spirit on
On 17/07/2010 09:47, Robert Coates wrote:

>> 3G data speeds = terrible, and sometimes unusable
> This is my biggest gripe. Used to be fine, but now is virtually
> unusable. Different handsets, SIMs, always the same. Lucky to get a
> page to load before handset times out.

Vodafone 3G, 2G and GPRS is excellent.

From: JL on
On 17 July, 18:04, Poldie <pol...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17 July, 14:51, "Bill" <b...(a)bill.com> wrote:
>
> > I think Vodafone tariffs are actually quite good.
>
> > E.g. I'm looking to get an HTC Desire
> > On Voda its free on a £35/18 month tariff with 600mins, 3000text and 1Gb
> > web.
>
> > O2's £35/18month offers half the mins, half the data allowance and £99 for
> > the phone.  Even on the £40 tariff the handset is still £49.  Why are people
> > buying from them?!
>
> I upgraded to a Desire on Orange.  I paid £100 for the phone and
> £12.50 per month for 18 months.  I get 250 mins, 100 texts and 500mb
> of data. Seems ok to me.

That's a pretty good deal - Do Orange spoil the Desire with their
software?

Anyone got any good deals from Vodafone with the Desire? Looks an
amazing device and something I too am considering getting.
From: Steve Terry on
"White Spirit" <wspirit(a)homechoice.co.uk> wrote in message
> On 17/07/2010 09:47, Robert Coates wrote:
>
>>> 3G data speeds = terrible, and sometimes unusable
>> This is my biggest gripe. Used to be fine, but now is virtually
>> unusable. Different handsets, SIMs, always the same. Lucky to get a
>> page to load before handset times out.
>
> Vodafone 3G, 2G and GPRS is excellent.

If you are near a Voda BTS, when i lived in Peacehaven
i couldn't get signal.

Steve Terry
--
Welcome Sign-up Bonus of �1 when you signup free at:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/G4WWK