From: Fred on
Hi,

I just wondered whether there is anyway to view Usenet on a mobile
phone? My phone has an opera browser, so is there a similar program
for Usenet? If so, are these available for all phones or just the
expensive ones?

If there are no proper Usenet clients, would I have to use something
like google groups? Are there any other similar web sites that you
would recommend?

TIA
From: White Spirit on
On 15/07/2010 12:59, Fred wrote:

> Hi,

> I just wondered whether there is anyway to view Usenet on a mobile
> phone? My phone has an opera browser, so is there a similar program
> for Usenet? If so, are these available for all phones or just the
> expensive ones?

> If there are no proper Usenet clients, would I have to use something
> like google groups? Are there any other similar web sites that you
> would recommend?

Which mobile 'phone? In the absence of a proper client, Google Groups
is usable, if not ideal.
From: Nick Le Lievre on
"Fred" <fred(a)no-email.here.invalid> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just wondered whether there is anyway to view Usenet on a mobile
> phone? My phone has an opera browser, so is there a similar program
> for Usenet? If so, are these available for all phones or just the
> expensive ones?

I have had 2 types of expensive mobile phone in the last 4 years, one had
the Windows Mobile operating system and the newest one has the Android
operating system. There are some oldish usenet clients for Windows Mobile
such as QMAIL and there is one for the Android called Groundhog newsreader,
I currently use this and its pretty good better IMO then QMAIL on Windows
Mobile. If you have an iPhone of Symbian phone then I do not know if there
are usenet clients for those operating systems or any other.

> If there are no proper Usenet clients, would I have to use something
> like google groups? Are there any other similar web sites that you
> would recommend?

If you can`t get a usenet client then google groups is the only other option
but its not a great option.

From: Bob Martin on
in 205349 20100715 125918 Fred <fred(a)no-email.here.invalid> wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I just wondered whether there is anyway to view Usenet on a mobile
>phone? My phone has an opera browser, so is there a similar program
>for Usenet? If so, are these available for all phones or just the
>expensive ones?
>
>If there are no proper Usenet clients, would I have to use something
>like google groups? Are there any other similar web sites that you
>would recommend?
>
>TIA

There is a news-reader called Groundhog for Android phones.

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-almarsoft-groundhogreader-Cxj.aspx
From: Gyp on
Fred wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wondered whether there is anyway to view Usenet on a mobile
> phone? My phone has an opera browser, so is there a similar program
> for Usenet? If so, are these available for all phones or just the
> expensive ones?
>
> If there are no proper Usenet clients, would I have to use something
> like google groups? Are there any other similar web sites that you
> would recommend?
>
> TIA

I run Joikuspot Premium on my Symbian mobile to give me a wifi
connection to enables my iPod Touch to access the internet. I run
NewsTap app on the Touch.

--
Gyp