From: mpc755 on
On Jul 18, 8:19 am, funkenstein <luke.s...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 17, 6:54 pm, "Robert L. Oldershaw" <rlolders...(a)amherst.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 17, 1:54 am, Mr. X at sci.physics.foundations wrote:
>
> > > Anyways, I like the idea that gravity is emergent from this concept.
> > > For me, I see matter as being less [pressurized?] than the quantum vacuum and it is
> > > simply the result of matter presenting less pressure compared to the
> > > pressure of the quantum vacuum so that matter bodies simply have less
> > > pressure between them and naturally are attracted to each other.

> Clearly, because the gravitational potential or metric tensor exists
> in the quantum vacuum, it must be a property of that quantum vacuum in
> some way.  However, in an atomic model of the vacuum the bulk pressure
> is usually equated with electric potential, and bulk motion with
> magnetic vector potential, to reproduced Maxwell's equations from the
> fluid laws.  So, something as simple as "pressure" (in conventional
> sense) to describe gravity is probably not going to work.  Giving the
> constituent atoms additional degrees of freedom such as spin allows
> other kinds of pressure, and there are also off-diagonal components to
> work with.
>
> Cheers-

Dark matter is displaced by matter.
Dark matter is not at rest when displaced.
Dark matter displaced by matter exerts pressure towards the matter.
Pressure exerted by displaced dark matter towards matter is gravity.

As simple as 'pressure' (in the conventional sense).
From: john on
On Jul 18, 6:19 am, funkenstein <luke.s...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 17, 6:54 pm, "Robert L. Oldershaw" <rlolders...(a)amherst.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > On Jul 17, 1:54 am, Mr. X at sci.physics.foundations wrote:
>
> > > Anyways, I like the idea that gravity is emergent from this concept.
> > > For me, I see matter as being less [pressurized?] than the quantum vacuum and it is
> > > simply the result of matter presenting less pressure compared to the
> > > pressure of the quantum vacuum so that matter bodies simply have less
> > > pressure between them and naturally are attracted to each other.

> Clearly, because the gravitational potential or metric tensor exists
> in the quantum vacuum, it must be a property of that quantum vacuum in
> some way.  However, in an atomic model of the vacuum the bulk pressure
> is usually equated with electric potential, and bulk motion with
> magnetic vector potential, to reproduced Maxwell's equations from the
> fluid laws.  So, something as simple as "pressure" (in conventional
> sense) to describe gravity is probably not going to work.  Giving the
> constituent atoms additional degrees of freedom such as spin allows
> other kinds of pressure, and there are also off-diagonal components to
> work with.
>
> Cheers-

Clearly it is a property of
the 'vacuum'.
Is it still a vacuum if a single photon is crossing it?

What if neutrinos produced by stars are
everywhere crossing it? Still vacuum?

What if the radiation produced by
electrons, that in the next size scale
down from ours, is everywhere crossing it?
Still vacuum?

Does vacuum mean nothing? Because clearly
huge amounts of energy moving in all directions
at all scales are everywhere present.

Now just assign the correct effects to the
correct *energy scales* and you can
link everything together.

john
galaxy model for the atom
From: mpc755 on
On Jul 18, 9:35 am, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 18, 8:19 am, funkenstein <luke.s...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 17, 6:54 pm, "Robert L. Oldershaw" <rlolders...(a)amherst.edu>
> > wrote:

> > Clearly, because the gravitational potential or metric tensor exists
> > in the quantum vacuum, it must be a property of that quantum vacuum in
> > some way.  However, in an atomic model of the vacuum the bulk pressure
> > is usually equated with electric potential, and bulk motion with
> > magnetic vector potential, to reproduced Maxwell's equations from the
> > fluid laws.  So, something as simple as "pressure" (in conventional
> > sense) to describe gravity is probably not going to work.  Giving the
> > constituent atoms additional degrees of freedom such as spin allows
> > other kinds of pressure, and there are also off-diagonal components to
> > work with.
>
> > Cheers-
>
> Dark matter is displaced by matter.
> Dark matter is not at rest when displaced.
> Dark matter displaced by matter exerts pressure towards the matter.
> Pressure exerted by displaced dark matter towards matter is gravity.
>
> As simple as 'pressure' (in the conventional sense).

Evidence of Dark Matter Displacement:

'Hubble Finds Ghostly Ring of Dark Matter'
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/news/dark_matter_ring_feature.html

"Astronomers using NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope got a first-hand view
of how dark matter behaves during a titanic collision between two
galaxy clusters. The wreck created a ripple of dark matter, which is
somewhat similar to a ripple formed in a pond when a rock hits the
water."

The ripple is a gravity wave.
The ripple is displaced dark matter.
From: john on
On Jul 18, 9:55 am, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 18, 9:35 am, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 18, 8:19 am, funkenstein <luke.s...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Clearly, because the gravitational potential or metric tensor exists
> > > in the quantum vacuum, it must be a property of that quantum vacuum in
> > > some way.  However, in an atomic model of the vacuum the bulk pressure
> > > is usually equated with electric potential, and bulk motion with
> > > magnetic vector potential, to reproduced Maxwell's equations from the
> > > fluid laws.  So, something as simple as "pressure" (in conventional
> > > sense) to describe gravity is probably not going to work.  Giving the
> > > constituent atoms additional degrees of freedom such as spin allows
> > > other kinds of pressure, and there are also off-diagonal components to
> > > work with.
>
> > > Cheers-
>
> > Dark matter is displaced by matter.
> > Dark matter is not at rest when displaced.
> > Dark matter displaced by matter exerts pressure towards the matter.
> > Pressure exerted by displaced dark matter towards matter is gravity.
>
> > As simple as 'pressure' (in the conventional sense).
>
> Evidence of Dark Matter Displacement:
>
> 'Hubble Finds Ghostly Ring of Dark Matter'http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/news/dark_matter_ring_featur...
>
> "Astronomers using NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope got a first-hand view
> of how dark matter behaves during a titanic collision between two
> galaxy clusters. The wreck created a ripple of dark matter, which is
> somewhat similar to a ripple formed in a pond when a rock hits the
> water."
>
> The ripple is a gravity wave.
> The ripple is displaced dark matter.
> Dark matter is not at rest when displaced.
> Dark matter displaced by matter exerts pressure towards the matter.
> Pressure exerted by displaced dark matter towards matter is gravity.- Hide quoted text -

"It is an invisible substance composed of atoms that are far different
from those that make up the universe’s normal matter, such as stars
and galaxies"

OK.
How do you mean 'different'?
Can you describe these 'atoms'?

john
From: mpc755 on
On Jul 18, 1:12 pm, john <vega...(a)accesscomm.ca> wrote:
> On Jul 18, 9:55 am, mpc755 <mpc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Dark matter is displaced by matter.
> > > Dark matter is not at rest when displaced.
> > > Dark matter displaced by matter exerts pressure towards the matter.
> > > Pressure exerted by displaced dark matter towards matter is gravity.
>
> > > As simple as 'pressure' (in the conventional sense).
>
> > Evidence of Dark Matter Displacement:
>
> > 'Hubble Finds Ghostly Ring of Dark Matter'http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/hubble/news/dark_matter_ring_featur...
>
> > "Astronomers using NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope got a first-hand view
> > of how dark matter behaves during a titanic collision between two
> > galaxy clusters. The wreck created a ripple of dark matter, which is
> > somewhat similar to a ripple formed in a pond when a rock hits the
> > water."
>
> > The ripple is a gravity wave.
> > The ripple is displaced dark matter.
> > Dark matter is not at rest when displaced.
> > Dark matter displaced by matter exerts pressure towards the matter.
> > Pressure exerted by displaced dark matter towards matter is gravity.- Hide quoted text -

> "It is an invisible substance composed of atoms that are far different
> from those that make up the universe’s normal matter, such as stars
> and galaxies"
>
> OK.
> How do you mean 'different'?
> Can you describe these 'atoms'?
>
> john

That is incorrect.

'Ether and the Theory of Relativity by Albert Einstein'
http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history/Extras/Einstein_ether.html

"But this ether may not be thought of as endowed with the quality
characteristic of ponderable media, as consisting of parts which may
be tracked through time. The idea of motion may not be applied to it."

There is the "consisting of parts which may be tracked through time"
part of the sentence. Einstein's definition of motion is the aether
does not consist of particles which can be separately tracked through
time and this definition is repeated several times in the article.

"Think of waves on the surface of water. Here we can describe two
entirely different things. Either we may observe how the undulatory
surface forming the boundary between water and air alters in the
course of time; or else-with the help of small floats, for instance -
we can observe how the position of the separate particles of water
alters in the course of time. If the existence of such floats for
tracking the motion of the particles of a fluid were a fundamental
impossibility in physics - if, in fact nothing else whatever were
observable than the shape of the space occupied by the water as it
varies in time, we should have no ground for the assumption that water
consists of movable particles. But all the same we could characterise
it as a medium."

"[There may be supposed to be extended physical objects which] may not
be thought of as consisting of particles which allow themselves to be
separately tracked through time."

"The special theory of relativity forbids us to assume the ether to
consist of particles observable through time, but the hypothesis of
ether in itself is not in conflict with the special theory of
relativity."

Dark matter is aether (with mass).

Until proven otherwise, dark matter does not consist of particles
which can be separately tracked through time.

There is zero evidence dark matter is "composed of atoms that are far
different from those that make up the universe’s normal matter, such
as stars and galaxies."

Dark matter is, or behaves as, a frictionless superfluid one-
something.

What there is evidence of is dark matter has mass and dark matter is
displaced by matter.