From: William Sommerwerck on
>> You are perhaps overlooking the fact that the "internal"
>> dust will be at some distance from the focal plane.

> Not dust on the CCD.

You should be able to clean that off. I have two DSLRs, and have never had
dust on the sensors. (My Visible Dust cleaning equipment is sitting there,
just gathering dust.)

From: Cydrome Leader on
In sci.electronics.basics William Sommerwerck <grizzledgeezer(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>>> You are perhaps overlooking the fact that the "internal"
>>> dust will be at some distance from the focal plane.
>
>> Not dust on the CCD.
>
> You should be able to clean that off. I have two DSLRs, and have never had
> dust on the sensors. (My Visible Dust cleaning equipment is sitting there,
> just gathering dust.)

the ccd in most scanners is obscured by a lens assembly of some sort. It's
harder to reach that than the imager in a slr type camera. You can't just
pop off the lense and rub it with a swab and be done.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Connector naming convention
Next: Old Solder