From: Colin M. McGroarty on
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

I get the above error in Outlook only when performing a send and receive using RPC over HTTPS. It appears that it is the download of the address book that triggers this error. All other information transfers without issue. I can download the address book without an error if I am on the business network or am connecting via VPN. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kind Regards,

--
Colin M. McGroarty, MCSE, MCP+I, NT-CIP
2004 Microsoft MVP, Windows Server - General
From: Johan Strange on
Is this with every client? and do your LAN users use OL2003? I'm thinking
that RPC/HTTPS could be a red herring. Try rebuilding the offline address
book.

From: Colin M. McGroarty on
Johan,

Thanks for the reply. I don't think the RPC over HTTPS is a red herring as
it is the only time that this error is generated. My personal thoughts are
that it may have to do with where copies of the address book are located.
Do you (or anyone else) know if each mailbox server or each site needs to
hold a copy of the address book in order to facilitate access via RPC over
HTTPS?

All servers at our site are Exchange 2003 SP1 using Outlook 2003 clients.

Kind Regards,

From: Iona Wilson [MSFT] on
Hi Colin,

Every mailbox store has to know what it's default Offline Address Book is.
So go into the properties of each mailbox store and make sure that the
Offline Address Book is indicated there in Exchange System Manager. The
error 4010F means "not found", so that generally means that it really
*isn't* there, or we don't have rights to it.

Hope that helps,
-Iona

--
IonaWilson
Microsoft PSS

Run Microsoft Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Today
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/exbpa/default.mspx

From: Msnews on
Open System manager and go to "Default Offline Address List" in the Offline
address lists, click properties, verify whether the offline address list
server mapped with correct Exchange server. If every thing fine right click
"Default Offline Address List" ,click Rebuild and waite for some time to
replicate.

Thanks
Semmal