From: Greg williams on
Hey all,

Not the brightest on IIS 6. One of my webservers is getting this error in
the event logs. The developers have been playing around and would like to
get some input on how to troubleshoot this issue. I have the concerning
error just below and then the series of errors before this one. Once the
service is stopped, everyone gets "Service Unavailable" and I have to reset
the website and all is good again. Please advise!!!

Event Type: Error
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1002
Date: 2/22/2005
Time: 3:29:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NCWECZWEB027
Application pool 'DefaultAppPool' is being automatically disabled due to a
series of failures in the process(es) serving that application pool.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

ALL THE LOGS

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1009
Date: 2/22/2005
Time: 3:09:10 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NCWECZWEB027
A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' terminated unexpectedly.
The process id was '17720'. The process exit code was '0x80'.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1011
Date: 2/22/2005
Time: 3:09:33 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NCWECZWEB027
A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' suffered a fatal
communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The process
id was '19096'. The data field contains the error number.

Data:
0000: 6d 00 07 80 m..€

Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 2/22/2005
Time: 3:13:01 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NCWECZWEB027
Application popup: Idle timer expired : Session has been idle over its time
limit.
It will be disconnected in 2 minutes.
Press any key now to continue session.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1011
Date: 2/22/2005
Time: 3:27:26 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NCWECZWEB027
A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' suffered a fatal
communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The process
id was '19632'. The data field contains the error number.

Data:
0000: 6d 00 07 80 m..€

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1011
Date: 2/22/2005
Time: 3:28:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NCWECZWEB027
A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' suffered a fatal
communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The process
id was '18812'. The data field contains the error number.

Data:
0000: 6d 00 07 80 m..€

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1009
Date: 2/22/2005
Time: 3:28:45 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NCWECZWEB027
A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' terminated unexpectedly.
The process id was '19616'. The process exit code was '0x80'.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1009
Date: 2/22/2005
Time: 3:29:07 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NCWECZWEB027
A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' terminated unexpectedly.
The process id was '19136'. The process exit code was '0x80'.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: W3SVC
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1011
Date: 2/22/2005
Time: 3:29:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NCWECZWEB027
A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' suffered a fatal
communication error with the World Wide Web Publishing Service. The process
id was '17712'. The data field contains the error number.

Data:
0000: 6d 00 07 80 m..€

Thanks in advance!

Greg Williams, MCSE
From: John Cesta on
On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 13:15:02 -0800, "Greg williams"
<Gregwilliams(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hey all,
>
>Not the brightest on IIS 6. One of my webservers is getting this error in
>the event logs. The developers have been playing around and would like to
>get some input on how to troubleshoot this issue. I have the concerning
>error just below and then the series of errors before this one. Once the
>service is stopped, everyone gets "Service Unavailable" and I have to reset
>the website and all is good again. Please advise!!!

Looks like some code in the one of the sites is mucking things up and
resetting IIS. Do you have multiple sites on the box?

John Cesta

The CPU Checker - Monitors your CPU % while you sleep
LogFileManager - IIS LogFile Management Tool
WebPageChecker - Helps Maintain Server UpTime
DomainReportIt PRO - Helps Rebuild IIS
http://www.serverautomationtools.com