From: Charlie on
I have a VERY simple isapi filter on my WinXP Pro localhost working just
fine, all it does is append a line to a text file when a request comes in.

I moved it to Win2k3 / IIS6 and I get the following event log errors:

1.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: W3SVC-WP
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2268
Date: 2/16/2005
Time: 5:40:34 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NONE-1GS5PYKZ3T
Could not load all ISAPI filters for site/service. Therefore startup
aborted.

2.
Event Type: Error
Event Source: W3SVC-WP
Event Category: None
Event ID: 2214
Date: 2/16/2005
Time: 5:40:34 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NONE-1GS5PYKZ3T
The HTTP Filter DLL C:\isapi_filter\yISAPI_AUTH_001.dll failed to load. The
data is the error.

p.s.
from frustration, I've set file and directory permissions to full control to
almost everyone where the isapi dll is and where the file is that I append
to.

From: Charlie on
I commented out the function to write to the file, so that's not the problem

It's something else....
(same error though)

From: David Wang [Msft] on
Can you please post the "data" of error event ID 2214 (it is a number).
That number will tell me what is wrong and how to fix it.

Until you troubleshoot based on the error code, you are just making random
changes that may/not actually solve anything.

--
//David
IIS

From: Charlie on
Hi David,

Both errors generate the same code
Here it is:

0000: 7e 00 00 00 ~...

Thanks,
Charlie

From: Charlie on
I've installed the Latest SDK's and set my XP env to win2003 server like so:
SetEnv.Bat /SRV32 /DEBUG

same problem and error though