From: JT on
When trying to install some software I get the following error:

Error 1402: could not open key

HKey_Local_Machine\software\microsoft\windows\current
version\run\optionalcomponent\Imail

Verify that you have sufficient access to that ky, or contact your support
personnel

Do this from a desktop that has Administrator rights.

Does anyone have a simple explanation and solution?

thanks

From: bandaid on
You didn't say which OS you were using but, a search on Google gave this
result:
Try this web site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/236427/EN-US/
This may give you some insight.

From: Ramesh, MS-MVP on
Windows Installer Error Messages:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/windows_installer_error_messages.asp
1406Could not write value [2] to key [3]. System error [4].

Make sure that the Administrators group has full control over this registry
key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

From: JT on
My OS is XP Prof.

How do I check that I have full control over the key in question? I assumed
that by having my user set as Administrator that was all I needed to do

thanks
..

From: Ramesh, MS-MVP on
Right-click the key, and choose Permissions.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310426#2

--

> My OS is XP Prof.
>
> How do I check that I have full control over the key in question? I
> assumed
> that by having my user set as Administrator that was all I needed to do
>
> thanks
> .
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh(a)online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Windows Installer Error Messages:
>>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/windows_installer_error_messages.asp
>> 1406Could not write value [2] to key [3]. System error [4].
>>
>> Make sure that the Administrators group has full control over this
> registry
>> key:
>>

> HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "JT" <JT(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> > When trying to install some software I get the following error:
>> >
>> > Error 1402: could not open key
>> >
>> > HKey_Local_Machine\software\microsoft\windows\current
>> > version\run\optionalcomponent\Imail
>> >
>> > Verify that you have sufficient access to that ky, or contact your
> support
>> > personnel
>> >
>> > Do this from a desktop that has Administrator rights.
>> >
>> > Does anyone have a simple explanation and solution?
>> >
>> > thanks
>>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Win16 subsystem has no resources