From: jaide on
I am trying to implement the user protection interface for PC Guard where by my
piece can access certain information that PC Guard has at run time. I have
loaded the supplied PCGuard.x32 and associated dll (pcgw32.dll) in the XTRAS
folder. The PC Guard protection interface functions appear in the Functions
panel referencing the XTRAS folder (so AW would seem to "know" they exist), but
when I execute the piece I get the msg: "Unable to locate Scriopting Xtra
"PCGuard.x32" needed by function "NewObject" called from this file." Any advice
as to how to get this working?

From: Erik *ACE* on
A quick look at the site does not seem to have any mention of
Authorware. While many Director Xtras do work with Authorware, that's
not a guarantee. So, first, do you have assurances this software will
work with Authorware?
If so, have you gone through the FAQs on their site:
http://www.sofpro.com/faqw32.htm
Otherwise, the functions are automatically loaded into the function
panel - and you can use them in Authorware icons?
But they just don't work when the program is run...in both authoring
mode and when packaged?

Sounds to me like the xtra can't communicate with the dll for some reason...
Erik

--
Erik Lord<br>
http://www.capemedia.net<br>
From: Andrew Chemey on
jaide,

Did you close all instances of Authorware before installing the Xtras?
Also - you can try to delete the MCH files.

Regards,

Andrew