From: digitalnoob on
Hi,

Sry for the noob Q.

I have a few *.a7r files I need to put on my website so that others can
download and play them. However, it seems that if they do not have Authorware
installed, they can't view them. This leads me to wonder is the *.a7r files
are the equivalent of Flash's *.swf files (you need Flash Player installed to
view them). I can't find the AW7source file I worked with many moons ago. It
would be great if I could open the *.a7r files in Authorware 7 so that I could
save them as *.exe files, but these *.a7r files won't open in it.

Cheers

From: Amy Blankenship *TMM* on
You can web package the a7r files, which would allow them to be viewed
directly from the browser. Unfortunately, though, you'll have to do that by
hand and since the advent of One Button Publishing I don't think they have
instructions anymore on how to do this. Maybe you can dig them up at the
macromedia website from the old version 5 stuff, or someone will take the
time (if anyone remembers the steps) to post here.

HTH;

Amy

From: gantek on
You can run ab32a.exe (aka 'afterburner'), located in the root of the
Authorware folder, to web package the .a7r.

Also, I believe the AW license agreement permits you to distribute
runa7w32.exe (also in the root AW folder) in order for users to run your .a7r
file (e.g. 'runa7w32.exe myfile.a7r').

Steve Gannon
GanTek Multimedia

From: digitalnoob on
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

I tried to run (double clicked on it) runa7w32.exe but (one two separate
computers) I got "Unable to Locate Component- This application has failed to
start because js32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix
this problem."

Also, you wrote "'runa7w32.exe myfile.a7r'"--can you explain this? Is it a
procedure or code snippet example? Again--sry for the noob Q.

I ran ab32a.exe (on its own as well as from within Authorware 7's
'Publish-->Web Packager' ) and successully(?) webpackaged my original file
named 'AW7_Lab1.a7r.' This resulted in two new files being created:
'aw7_0000.aas' and 'aw7_lab1.aam.' If I then double click on the
'aw7_0000.aas' file, Windows doesn't know what program to open it in. If I
select the suggested one 'Internet Explorer,' nothing happens. When I double
click on 'aw7_lab1.aam,' Authorware Web Packager opens and then crashes. The
error log shows 'ab32a.exe' as crashing.

So-my question is, once I web package the a7r. file, what do I do with the two
files that are created? I need to be able to email it to someone so they can
view it.

Any ideas?

From: digitalnoob on
Hi,

Thanks for helping out.

I went to 'http://www.tomorrows-key.com/web_delivery/webpackage.asp', and
realized that I would not be able to follow the procedure because I don't have
the Authorware source file anymore (just the *.a7r files): "Open your
Authorware file, and select File/Package. Select Without Runtime in the Package
File dialogue. "

Any ideas?