From: skyking_au on
The authorware piece I created is working quite well in my laptop and desktop
computers and I burned packaged files on a CD so I could show it to my
customer. Before show my work to the customer I tested my CD on few different
computers including Windows 98 and 2K boxes. It was working fine. Then I took
the CD to the customers place it did work fine at first try BUT then it didnt
load at all in the second time. We tried on another computer at the customers
place and same thing happened. Worked at the first go but when customer quit
the program and took the CD out and place it back it failed to start with a
"Authorware runtime has encountered a problem ...." message. And didnt want to
start at following attempts. Whenever we change the computer it worked fine for
the first try and then no luck. However when we copy the published files on to
customer's computer ( I mean Hard Disk) it worked fine from hard disk. Can
anyone help me with this problem....

Thanks
Skyking_au

From: Amy Blankenship *TMM* on
Are you doing anything odd when you quit? Is the file set to resume or
restart? Are you writing records to the hard drive?

-Amy

From: Amy Blankenship *TMM* on
The file has to be set either to resume or restart. It's an either/or
thing. There's no other option.

From: Amy Blankenship *TMM* on
If you go to File>Properties and then click the Interaction tab, you'll see
a section that says On Return, with two radio buttons "Resume" and
"Restart." One of those radio buttons IS checked. Which?

From: Amy Blankenship *TMM* on
No, just checking as a debug issue. Are you using any external functions
are ActiveX controls? What happens if you delete the folder
%UserApplicationData%Macromedia\Authorware 7\A7W_DATA on the computers with
the problem? (UserApplicationData will vary by OS, but on XP it will be
something like C:\Documents & settings\LoggedUser\Application Data

HTH;