From: gantek on
>I tried to run (double clicked on it) runa7w32.exe but...
>I got "Unable to Locate Component- This application
>has failed to start because js32.dll was not found.

Just as the message implies, you will need to include js32.dll (located in the
root of your AW folder) with your .a7r file. You will also need to include a
folder called 'Xtras' along with the Xtras appropriate for your application
(see the AW Help file). You may need to include other files as well, such as
U32s, etc.

>you wrote "'runa7w32.exe myfile.a7r'"--can you explain this?

Once you have all the necessary files in place, click the Windows Start
button, select Run, browse to the folder containing your files, click on
'runa7w32.exe', click Open, type ' myfile.a7r' after 'runa7w32.exe' (don't
forget to separate the two file names with a space) and press ENTER (replace
'myfile.a7r' with the name of your actual .a7r file of course).

Note: the instructions above assume your web site visitors will be downloading
all of these files first, perhaps as a self-extracting zip). If you want the
piece to run across the web, follow the instructions on Steve Howard's link to
web-package the piece.

Steve Gannon
GanTek Multimedia

From: Joseph Sites on
You could always create a new Authorware file, publish it as an .exe file,
and in that file could be a menu for the .a7r files using the JumpFileReturn
or JumpFile function to open the .a7r file inside the .exe file's window if
you didn't want to have it played in the browser.