From: Anna on
Hello,

as mentioned it could be some template, web part causing the problem.
In case you haven't found any workaround please try to use am alternative
method like wss deployment

http://blogs.msdn.com/jackiebo/archive/2007/02/26/content-deployment-step-by-step-tutorial.aspx

Anna

<galvin.paul(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Aug 4, 3:08 pm, StStowe...(a)gmail.com wrote:
> On attempting an import using the stsadm command line tool I am
> receiving the following error: Has any one seen this and found a
> resolution?
>
> Progress: Importing File Workflows/Convert/Convert.aspx.
> Progress: Importing File Workflows/Convert/Convert.xoml.
> Progress: Importing File Workflows/Convert/Convert.xoml.wfconfig.xml.
> Progress: Importing ListItem /_catalogs/masterpage?id=1.
> Progress: Importing ListItem /Lists/Account Catrgories?id=1.
> Progress: Importing ListItem /Lists/Account Catrgories?id=10.
> Progress: Importing ListItem /Lists/Account Catrgories?id=11.
> Progress: Importing ListItem /Lists/Account Catrgories?id=12.
> Progress: Importing ListItem /Lists/Account Catrgories?id=2.
> Progress: Importing ListItem /Lists/Account Catrgories?id=3.
> Progress: Importing ListItem /Lists/Account Catrgories?id=7.
> Progress: Importing ListItem /Lists/Account Catrgories?id=8.
> Progress: Importing ListItem /Lists/Account Catrgories?id=9.
> Progress: Importing ListItem /Lists/Accounts?id=10.
> FatalError: Length cannot be less than zero.
> Parameter name: length
> at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex,
> Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
> at
> Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.GetLookupInfoFromFieldDa�ta(Object
> value, Guid& look
> upListId, Int32& lookupItemId, Boolean& isUserLookup, String&
> userLogin, String& mvlVal)
> at
> Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.UpdateFieldData(SPListIt�em
> listItem, ImportObjectMa
> nager objectManager, Guid docId, String fieldName, String value,
> String value2, Guid gFieldId, Boolean& bCre
> ated, Dictionary`2 brokenFields)
> at
> Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.UpdateFieldData(SPListIt�em
> listItem, Guid docId, Bo
> olean& bCreated, SPContentTypeId contentTypeId, ImportObjectManager
> objectManager, Object data)
> at
> Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ListItemSerializer.SetObjectData(Object
> obj, SerializationInfo info, S
> treamingContext context, ISurrogateSelector selector)
> at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.ParseObject(Type
> objectType, Boolean isChildObject)
> at
> Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.DeserializeObject(Type
> objectType, Boolean isChildObject,
> DeploymentObject envelope)
> at Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.XmlFormatter.Deserialize(Stream
> serializationStream)
> at
> Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ObjectSerializer.Deserialize(Stream
> serializationStream)
> at
> Microsoft.SharePoint.Deployment.ImportObjectManager.ProcessObject(XmlReader
> xmlReader)
> [...]

Something similar to this just came up on the MSDN forums. Are you
using the "fab 40" templates?

--Paul Galvin, EMC (formerly Conchango)
Microsoft MVP - SharePoint
RSS @ http://feeds.feedburner.com/PaulGalvinsSharepointSpace