From: Rob on
hDevice=ffffffff

I keep getting this error up when I reboot and don't know where to look
- Googled it up and there are suggestions for other problems which come
up with this one but none to fix this.

I have a Realtek onboard sound and a 6600GT video card. I can reload the
drivers for both but according to what written it still does not
eliminate the hDevice=ffffffff error.

Any clues?

Thanks
From: Fred on
Rob wrote:
> hDevice=ffffffff
>
> I keep getting this error up when I reboot and don't know where to
> look - Googled it up and there are suggestions for other problems
> which come up with this one but none to fix this.
>
> I have a Realtek onboard sound and a 6600GT video card. I can reload
> the drivers for both but according to what written it still does not
> eliminate the hDevice=ffffffff error.
>
> Any clues?

Are there any exclamation marks or unknown devices in device manager?

From: Rob on
Fred wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>
>>hDevice=ffffffff
>>
>>I keep getting this error up when I reboot and don't know where to
>>look - Googled it up and there are suggestions for other problems
>>which come up with this one but none to fix this.
>>
>>I have a Realtek onboard sound and a 6600GT video card. I can reload
>>the drivers for both but according to what written it still does not
>>eliminate the hDevice=ffffffff error.
>>
>>Any clues?
>

> Are there any exclamation marks or unknown devices in device manager?

No that all clear.

What I did manage yesterday is load a new virus checker.

I found that my old McAfee could not be reloaded and updated, so
obtained a newer version of McAfee security suit, which has all the
bells and whistles, just loaded the virus and Trojan parts. This caused
more problems with blocking things, than what it was worth.

Uninstalled all this.

Next went back to an updated version of what I had plus it has a trojan
module. This now works perfectly.

Since then the error appeared.

It has pickup Marun.genA and delete that, and XP said that it had
recovered from a serious error - Microsoft detected the
VirTool:WinNT/Marun.gen!A virus on your computer. That was in the
restore files. (what ever that was!)

After another reboot the error mesage has gone.

Why???

rm

From: atec 77 "atec 77 at hotmai dot on
Rob wrote:
> Fred wrote:
>> Rob wrote:
>>
>>> hDevice=ffffffff
>>>
>>> I keep getting this error up when I reboot and don't know where to
>>> look - Googled it up and there are suggestions for other problems
>>> which come up with this one but none to fix this.
>>>
>>> I have a Realtek onboard sound and a 6600GT video card. I can reload
>>> the drivers for both but according to what written it still does not
>>> eliminate the hDevice=ffffffff error.
>>>
>>> Any clues?
>>

>> Are there any exclamation marks or unknown devices in device manager?
>>

> No that all clear.
>

> What I did manage yesterday is load a new virus checker.
>
> I found that my old McAfee could not be reloaded and updated, so
> obtained a newer version of McAfee security suit, which has all the
> bells and whistles, just loaded the virus and Trojan parts. This caused
> more problems with blocking things, than what it was worth.
>
> Uninstalled all this.
>
> Next went back to an updated version of what I had plus it has a trojan
> module. This now works perfectly.
>
> Since then the error appeared.
>
> It has pickup Marun.genA and delete that, and XP said that it had
> recovered from a serious error - Microsoft detected the
> VirTool:WinNT/Marun.gen!A virus on your computer. That was in the
> restore files. (what ever that was!)
>
> After another reboot the error mesage has gone.
>
> Why???
>
> rm

Self replicating rootkit for setting other stuff off , well done and be
more careful