From: Brij Mohan on
I am having this problem when I am trying to create a SharePoint site after
creating web application pool from central administration site in wss 3.0. I
am trying to execute the command:

stsadm -o createsite -url http://<servername:port> -owneremail
owner(a)email.com

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Windows SharePoint Services 3
Event Category: Topology
Event ID: 6141
Date: 12/11/2008
Time: 11:22:56 AM
User: N/A
Computer: DC02
The site / could not be created. The following exception occured: The
specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. (Exception
from HRESULT: 0x8007054B).

Addition to this, I have setup WSS 3.0 in active directory creation mode but
the OU has not been created in Active directory which I mentioned at the
time of sharepoint technology and configuration wizard.

Please help.

Thanks,
Brij Mohan