From: Mygposts on
We are planning to host secure financial and HR data on Sharepoint Services
3.0 or Sharepoint Server 2007. Most likely Sharepoint Services.
Only a handful of people in the entire organization will need access to what
will be stored.

We cannot deploy Sharepoint unless there is a reliable way to audit all
access as well as secure the data from being read through network line
sniffing.

What are the best ways to secure data being transferred between the
Sharepoint Services server and the client's machine?
From: AJ on
On 16 Dec, 16:38, Mygposts <Mygpo...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> We are planning to host secure financial and HR data on Sharepoint Services
> 3.0 or Sharepoint Server 2007.  Most likely Sharepoint Services.
> Only a handful of people in the entire organization will need access to what
> will be stored.
>
> We cannot deploy Sharepoint unless there is a reliable way to audit all
> access as well as secure the data from being read through network line
> sniffing.
>
> What are the best ways to secure data being transferred between the
> Sharepoint Services server and the client's machine?

SSL will encrypt the communication on the wire and is probably your
easiest option. You could also use IPSEC between your clients and the
server. A quick google offered up this article on SharePoint auditing:

http://markharrison.co.uk/blog/2006/07/sharepoint-auditing.htm

AJ
From: sharepointpad on
I think you need not worry about security, you need know there are lot
of enterprises using Sharepoint Services. It provides different levels
permission settings, as long as you set it right, you can count on it.
I recommend you go to Mircosoft .com to check it out thoroughly, then
you will kick all your anxiety.
By then way if Sharepoint out-of-the-box features can not met your
need there are many add-ons, Sharepoint Permission Boost is a great
one of them. If you want learn it then visit this http://www.sharepointboost.com/