From: Runaround on
guess I really don't know the difference between 'freeze' and 'crash'. When
I click on the repair button the hour glass appears and stays on. The only
way to close scanpst at that point is to use the 'end now' feature within the
Task Master.
Hope that helps, and is there anywhere I can download a new scanpst.exe file?
Thanks for your interest

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> guess I really don't know the difference between 'freeze' and 'crash'. When
> I click on the repair button the hour glass appears and stays on. The only
> way to close scanpst at that point is to use the 'end now' feature within
> the
> Task Master.
> Hope that helps, and is there anywhere I can download a new scanpst.exe
> file?

There is nowhere to download a "new" scanpst. The scanpst that comes with the
version of Outlook you have is exactly the one you need. What I would do in
your case is to let scanpst run for an extended period just to make sure it
was hung. If scanpst can't repair the PST or never responds (after a period
of a few hours), then you'll need to pursue acquiring one of the many
commercial PST repair programs that are available. It could even be that
you'll never be able to recover the data in that PST. A BSOD is a serious
failure that aborts all I/O immediately and your PST could have been damaged
beyond repair.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Jethro Pull on
Very impressive web site, TT. Nice to have it in my bag of tricks. Thanks.

From: Runaround on
Appreciate learning about this web site, but unless I missed something the
software costs like $129. And I cannot afford that at the moment. Did I
miss something?
Thanks

From: Runaround on