From: Martin on
Last night we were running an update on a customers system.

Win 7 32bit
Newish windows server
ADS 9.1
VO2.7

fTmpFile := dbFileSpec{cPath+cName}
lCreated := fTmpFile:Create(fTmpFile:FullPath,aStruct,cRdd)

lCreated is returning FALSE, but the DBF is created

Every other system is returning TRUE.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Martin
From: Geoff Schaller on
Are you going to show us the code or are you going to make us guess
again?

From: Jon J on
Martin

We experienced a similar issue where the Server is 2008 and the workstation
is Windows 7 when creating a temporary file and then attempting to open it,
getting "File Not Found" even though it was there
It has to do with caching in SMB20 between the server and the client.
I don't like this as a permanent solution, but it worked for us until we can
investigate further..............

Create the following registry entries (each of which are DWORD values set to
0) on each client machine:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\FileInfoCacheLifetime
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\FileNotFoundCacheLifetime
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters\DirectoryCacheLifetime
--
regards
Jon Justin

From: richard.townsendrose on
Jon

It would be nice to have a full set of dodgy things on windows 7 and
smb going.

A lot of us use temporary files.

We have several Windows 7 users, and once the config has been
carefully setup it is all ok. but the UAC is an installation menace to
put it mildly.

is there a single ms resource thats describes all of this ? there are
innumerable ms hosted blogs that range from near 4 letter words to
"microshaft" which describes my feelings best ...

some questions:

a) where is it best to write an error log - the directory where the
app is installed ? usually c:\tdoc5\system, but often c:\program files
\tdoc\system ?
or should this be c:\program files\tdoc\

b) tdoc temporary files are often located at
"my documents\tdoc\spools" and "my documents\tdoc\for import"

this is bad news when different document controllers have different
log ins on the same pc BUT working on the same tasks - they need the
same directories ...

c) is it better now to use the registry rather than our TDOC.INI
located in the c:\tdoc5\system directory ... again, a commonly
available ini file is much better for task working whereas the
registry might not reflect changes from one user to another.

GEOFF - being the ms expert - perhaps you can comment ..

Richard
From: Martin on
Got it to these lines!