From: Big Bill on
Hi, I emptied a mailbox that had over 2,000 messages in it. That's not
a problem, I meant to do it, but Eudora now locks up whenever I click
on a link in an email. It's a big problem! Can anyone suggest a remedy
please?

Many thanks,

BB
From: Big Bill on
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:40:30 +0100, Big Bill <bill(a)kruse.co.uk> wrote:

>Hi, I emptied a mailbox that had over 2,000 messages in it. That's not
>a problem, I meant to do it, but Eudora now locks up whenever I click
>on a link in an email. It's a big problem! Can anyone suggest a remedy
>please?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>BB

It actually only goes into Not Responding mode while IE is firing up.
After IE has spawned, it becomes normal again. What's so strange is
that IE takes an eternity to spawn now from within Eudora. That's why
I thought it was Eudora locking up. I reinstalled IE8 just to see if
it made a difference; it doesn't :-(

BB
From: John H Meyers on
Try un-checking both "Launch" options in the "Extra Warnings" section,
also restart Eudora after this change.

For good measure, a mention of Eudora and Windows versions might be interesting;
how about any anti-malware products as well?

I thought the only reason anyone still used IE was for Windows Updates?

Oh well, if we're going to sail in a bleepy OS, why not go full speed ahead,
and damn the torpedos :)

From: Big Bill on
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:19:28 -0500, John H Meyers
<jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:

>Try un-checking both "Launch" options in the "Extra Warnings" section,
>also restart Eudora after this change.

OK, I'm trying that, I'll come back tomorrow if there's still
problems.

>For good measure, a mention of Eudora and Windows versions might be interesting;
>how about any anti-malware products as well?

7.109 paid, XP PRO SP3.

>I thought the only reason anyone still used IE was for Windows Updates?

I miss IE7 :-(

BB
From: Big Bill on
On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 17:26:29 +0100, Big Bill <bill(a)kruse.co.uk> wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 08:19:28 -0500, John H Meyers
><jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
>
>>Try un-checking both "Launch" options in the "Extra Warnings" section,
>>also restart Eudora after this change.
>
>OK, I'm trying that, I'll come back tomorrow if there's still
>problems.
>
>>For good measure, a mention of Eudora and Windows versions might be interesting;
>>how about any anti-malware products as well?
>
>7.109 paid, XP PRO SP3.
>
>>I thought the only reason anyone still used IE was for Windows Updates?
>
>I miss IE7 :-(
>
>BB

Yup, still problems. I think it might have more to do with IE though
as it's very slow launching out of Tweetdeck too :-(

BB
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Bell Net & Eudora 6