From: Arkansan Raider on
geoff wrote:
> George's Pro Sound Co. wrote:
>> and I am so out of it, I have no ida what any of them sound like,
>> can't name a single song they do and could not pick them out in a
>> line-up .
>
> It's easy - there are two - a caucasian and a latina. The caucasian is
> blond and the latina is bleached blond. Other enititties are simply clones
> of those two, or holographic representations cunningly transmitted.
>
> geoff

ROTFLOL

True, dat.

---Jeff
From: Arkansan Raider on
Rupert wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2:32 pm, Arkansan Raider <yom...(a)yomama.com> wrote:
>> Denny Strauser wrote:
>>> Taylor Swift had just won a few Grammys when she sang an out-of-tune
>>> duet with Stevie Nicks (begins about 1:30 into this video):
>>> http://neonlimelight.com/2010/01/31/video-taylor-swift-joined-by-stev...
>>> OUCH! She could have used pitch correction.
>>> - Denny
>> Dude. I was sayin' that last night, too. She was hurtin' my ears.
>>
>> ---Jeff
>
> Awful. Sad but true. Before the days of a video driven music industry,
> the like of Taylor, Beyonce, Shakira, Madonna, etc. would have never
> made it past the demo. None of them have particularly noteworthy
> voices. I think one of the only contemporary young pop voices out
> there that requires no processing to sound good is Christina Aguilera.
> And I'm not even a fan. That girl can really sing with the best of
> them.
>
> Rupert

I agree completely.

Not really a fan either, but her participation in Lady Marmalade rocked
the friggin' Casbah. I don't dig any of the women who sang in that
remake, but for some reason that collaboration did the trick.

JMHSO

---Jeff

From: Phildo on

"Rupert" <foodsteaks(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>On Feb 1, 2:32 pm, Arkansan Raider <yom...(a)yomama.com> wrote:
>> Denny Strauser wrote:
>> > Taylor Swift had just won a few Grammys when she sang an out-of-tune
>> > duet with Stevie Nicks (begins about 1:30 into this video):
>> >http://neonlimelight.com/2010/01/31/video-taylor-swift-joined-by-stev...
>>
>> > OUCH! She could have used pitch correction.
>>
>> > - Denny
>>
>> Dude. I was sayin' that last night, too. She was hurtin' my ears.
>>
>> ---Jeff
>
>Awful. Sad but true. Before the days of a video driven music industry,
>the like of Taylor, Beyonce, Shakira, Madonna, etc. would have never
>made it past the demo. None of them have particularly noteworthy
>voices.

It's all about look and the ability to dance these days. Most of them don't
even sing on their own releases or what they do sing is so heavily processed
it bears little resemblance to the original track.

I did some gigs for a well known girl vocal group. I had 5 channels on the
desk. DAT L/R then 3 vocal mics I only switched on between songs so they
could talk to the audience.

I also did some gigs with the Sugababes back when the Scouse girl first
joined them. ALL their vocals were completely live. Very talented bunch.

Phildo

From: Sean Conolly on
"Denny Strauser" <dsdennysound(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Taylor Swift had just won a few Grammys when she sang an out-of-tune duet
> with Stevie Nicks (begins about 1:30 into this video):
> http://neonlimelight.com/2010/01/31/video-taylor-swift-joined-by-stevie-nicks-for-52nd-annual-grammy-awards-performance/
> OUCH! She could have used pitch correction.

FWIW, I don't think that was a typical performance for her, and I'll give
her the benefit of doubt. Maybe she couldn't hear herself well, maybe she
had a case of nerves, maybe she was just having a rotten night.

No, she's not the most talented one out there, but she has enough talent
that over time I'll think she'll be able to do well enough even on her worst
nights.

Sean