From: Lem on
The "unknown partition" could well be causing the problem and it's
certainly possible that the hotfix intended to deal with the
non-standard partition used by IBM's Rescue and Recovery software. FYI,
there are many partition identifiers, although Windows only
recognizes/uses a few. See, e.g.,
http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/partitions/partition_types-1.html

However, because I don't know what the hotfix does, I'm reluctant to
suggest that you use it -- at least without creating a full disk image
first.

Instead, I still suggest that you post in the Aumha System Restore
formum. In addition to all of the other information, include your
observations about the unknown partition from the Disk Management tool.

JB wrote:
> I did as you reccommended but can't quite understand what I see and there
> does not seem to be a way of copying and pasting he results.
>
> There are two lines under volume:
> the first has only an icon and it is an 'unknown partition' with 251 MB
> the other is (C) , System NTFS, 92.91 Gb (here where the other said unknow
> partition it says System
>
> Makes sense?
>
> JB
>

> "Lem" <lemp40(a)unknownhost> escreveu na mensagem
>> As I understand KB 942912 and KB 888402, an error occurs when System
>> Restore attempts to monitor a hidden partition. I assume (but don't know)
>> that if you were to go to the list of drives monitored by SR, you wouldn't
>> see a hidden volume listed and thus couldn't turn off monitoring manually.
>>
>> You could open Disk Management (Start > Run > diskmgmt.msc [click OK] and
>> see if "HarddiskVolume1" shows as a hidden partition. If so, perhaps the
>> hotfix would work for you. I hesitate because KB88402 indicates that the
>> hotfix is intended to fix error codes 0xc000000d or 0c000007f. The code
>> shown in your case, however, is 0xC000011E.
>>
>> You also might try a search for deployment.properties and see where it is
>> located.
>>
>> If I were you, I'd post a new message in the forum at
>> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=54 with the subject "Event Error ID 1
>> (0xC000011E)".
>>
>> Include your translation of the error message, the information about Java,
>> and especially that you have read KB 942912 and KB 888402 and that you
>> have a different error code.
>>
>> With respect to Java, open Add and Remove Programs and uninstall all
>> instances of Java other than Java 6 Update 16.
>>
>> JB wrote:
>>> Learnt something...
>>>
>>> I already sent a translation in previous post. Here goes the whole lot:
>>>
>>> Tipo de evento: Erro
>>> Origem do evento: sr
>>> Categoria do evento: Nenhum
>>> ID do evento: 1
>>> Data: 19/10/2009
>>> Hora: 11:05:50
>>> Utilizador: N/D
>>> Computador: TOSHIBA
>>> Descri��o:
>>> O filtro do 'Restauro do sistema' encontrou o erro inesperado
>>> '0xC000011E' durante o processamento do ficheiro 'deployment.properties'
>>> do volume 'HarddiskVolume1'. O filtro deixou de monitorizar o volume.
>>>
>>> Para mais informa��es, consulte o 'Centro de ajuda e suporte' em
>>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>>> Dados:
>>> 0000: 00 00 00 00 04 00 4e 00 ......N.
>>> 0008: 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 c0 .......�
>>> 0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>>> 0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>>> 0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
>>>

>>> "Lem" <lemp40(a)unknownhost> escreveu na mensagem

>> --
>> Lem
>>
>> Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
>> http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/apollo/40th/index.html