From: JB on
I had a System Error , Event 1 , origin sr, which seems to have somehting to
do with System Resto~re.

Over the last few days there has been a tendency for IE to hang. On one
occasion the pages started multiplying on their own and I had to turn off
the computer.

I ahve done a number of scans and everything 'seems' to be clean.

Any ideas?

Thank you

JB

From: Lem on

See if this applies: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=942912&sd=RMVP

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
From: JB on
Thanks

Well, I don't have the IBM Rescue and Recovery, but do you think I should
download the hotfix anyway?

JB

From: JB on

The actual message is:

The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC000011E'
while processing the file 'deployment.properties' on the volume
'HarddiskVolume1'. It has stopped monitoring the volume.

I googled and it seems to be associated with Java. At about that time I
tried to use a site that needed Java and I got stuck and unable to open a
box apparently because java did not do what it should have done. Now I
wonder what it was that went wrong.

How do I ope Java, as I don't have configured to open with Windows (XP SP3,
by the way)?

From: Lem on
Not yet. What does the "Description" of the Event have to say? Note that
when you are viewing the event, click on the button just below the
up/down arrows and the event text will be copied to the clipboard. You
can then paste it into your post.

JB wrote:
> Thanks
>
> Well, I don't have the IBM Rescue and Recovery, but do you think I should
> download the hotfix anyway?
>
> JB
>

> "Lem" <lemp40(a)unknownhost> escreveu na mensagem
>> JB wrote:
>>> I had a System Error , Event 1 , origin sr, which seems to have somehting
>>> to do with System Resto~re.
>>>
>>> Over the last few days there has been a tendency for IE to hang. On one
>>> occasion the pages started multiplying on their own and I had to turn off
>>> the computer.
>>>
>>> I ahve done a number of scans and everything 'seems' to be clean.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thank you
>>>
>>> JB
>> See if this applies: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=942912&sd=RMVP