From: Jack Leach dymondjack at hot mail dot on
Could someone please point me to a list of report events and their general
descriptions/usage examples? I can't seem to find anything via google...

many thanks,

--
Jack Leach
www.tristatemachine.com

"I haven''t failed, I''ve found ten thousand ways that don''t work."
-Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

From: Jack Leach dymondjack at hot mail dot on
More specifically, I have a report with a subreport, and I want to change the
SourceObject of the subreport based on a value in the main report...

If Me.fldReleaseType = 1 Then
Me.ctlsrptReleases.SourceObject = "rptOrders_sKBRls"
End If

From: Marshall Barton on
Jack Leach <dymondjack at hot mail dot com> wrote:

>Could someone please point me to a list of report events and their general
>descriptions/usage examples? I can't seem to find anything via google...

VBA Help is (from the object browser?) is all I have ever
seen.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Marshall Barton on
Jack Leach <dymondjack at hot mail dot com> wrote:

>More specifically, I have a report with a subreport, and I want to change the
>SourceObject of the subreport based on a value in the main report...
>
>If Me.fldReleaseType = 1 Then
> Me.ctlsrptReleases.SourceObject = "rptOrders_sKBRls"
>End If

Up to at least A2003 (and I doubt it's going to change), you
can only set a source object property in the main report's
Open event. Since that is before any values are available,
I don't think it's possible to do what you asked.

The usual(?) way to deal with the situation is to add both
subreports and change their visibility as needed.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]
From: Jack Leach dymondjack at hot mail dot on
I found some VBA help on it but it wasn't all that helpful... I'm not that
good with reports to begin with and if I understand correctly, report events
have a lot more usage stipulations and forms do. Looks like it'll good
old-fashioned trial & error