From: William.Shen on
In the Event viewer our DC, there report many DCOM errors, which show following information:

The server {73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
From: Daytymer on
William,

I had several servers that were getting the DCOM did not register error. The
only reference to this error is for WindowsNT and has to do with a registry
edit. You can see this info at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q187146/. I
tried this on 2003 server and it does nothing.

Here is what I did. Take the entire server id including the {} and do a
search of the registry. This will tell you what program is causing the
problem. In my case it was mdm.exe (machine debug manager). Open Component
services and expand the tree to open DCOM Config. (Control
Panel/Administrative Tools/ Component Services) Check the properties of
whatever program you have found in the registry. On the identity tab check
the
'launching user' apply and then check your event log.

Daytymer

"William.Shen" wrote:

> In the Event viewer our DC, there report many DCOM errors, which show following information:
>
> The server {73E709EA-5D93-4B2E-BBB0-99B7938DA9E4} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
>
> For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

Pages: 1
Prev: Fax Services, asking SP1 CD ?!
Next: VSS nightmare