From: John Fullbright on
The logs are still there... did you test the integrity of the transaction
logs with eseutil /ml?

From: markm75 on
On Jun 11, 2:23 pm, "John Fullbright" <fjohn(a)donotspamenetappdotcom>
wrote:
> The logs are still there... did you test the integrity of the transaction
> logs with eseutil /ml?
>
> "markm75" <markm...(a)msn.com> wrote in message

> > On Jun 11, 11:12 am, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> > <lanwe...(a)heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmailatyahoo.com> wrote:

> >> This can occur when you're backing up system state in the same
> >> job -http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820272
>
> >> (btw, that was the result of a very quick google search; it's always good
> >> google before posting).- Hide quoted text -

> > I am not backing up the system state in the same job... And yes I have
> > googled this, only to find one other article which may not even
> > pertain.
>
> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Hadnt tried that one yet.

I did the eseutil /p on the priv1.edb, which took like 15 hours to
complete (there were lots of errors previously).

I'm guessing i need to run eseutil /d as well as isinteg -fix -tests
alltests as well?

I hadnt heard of the /ml swich, ill have to wait till this evening to
try this one, as i guess the store must be offline (i'm hoping it
doesnt take 15 hours to complete).

Thanks

From: John Fullbright on
It sounds a lot like a miising log or a bad log generation. I'd do the /ml
to check the inegrity of the logs.

From: markm75 on
On Jun 11, 3:11 pm, "John Fullbright" <fjohn(a)donotspamenetappdotcom>
wrote:
> It sounds a lot like a miising log or a bad log generation. I'd do the /ml
> to check the inegrity of the logs.
>
> "markm75" <markm...(a)msn.com> wrote in message

> > On Jun 11, 2:23 pm, "John Fullbright" <fjohn(a)donotspamenetappdotcom>
> > wrote:
> >> The logs are still there... did you test the integrity of the
> >> transaction
> >> logs with eseutil /ml?
>
> >> "markm75" <markm...(a)msn.com> wrote in message

> > Hadnt tried that one yet.
>
> > I did the eseutil /p on the priv1.edb, which took like 15 hours to
> > complete (there were lots of errors previously).
>
> > I'm guessing i need to run eseutil /d as well as isinteg -fix -tests
> > alltests as well?
>
> > I hadnt heard of the /ml swich, ill have to wait till this evening to
> > try this one, as i guess the store must be offline (i'm hoping it
> > doesnt take 15 hours to complete).
>
> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

I ran that command.. but received this error:

Operation terminated with error -514 (JET_errBadLogVersion, Version of
log file
is not compatible with Jet version) after 1.47 seconds.

From: John Fullbright on
I figured that was what would happen. It could be a few things:

1. A damaged e00.chk

2. Runiing eseutil against log files that were created pre 2003 SP1

3. One of the logs has the same version as edb.log. This would be my bet.
Run eseutil /ml against edb.log, then delete all the logs that are equal or
higher than e00.chk. There will be some loss ( all the logs equal or higher
than edb.log) but your is will start and the stores will mount.