From: Alan on
No, this is a completely different PC, which has never had 2007 on it.

Any ideas on what I could try?

Thanks, Alan
From: Peter T on
That wasn't what I meant.

Are you having problems to find Excel starting .Net as a brand new project,
or with the project originally made in the 2007 machine and copied to the
2003 machine.

If the former I don't know why you can't find the Excel library, if the
latter it's probably down to what I mentioned last time.

Regards,
Peter T

From: Alan on
It was a new project.

From: Peter T on
Can you browse to excel.exe to set the ref, apart from that I'm out of
ideas.

From: joel on

I don't think you need to even worry. Using the latest version of the
library on the PC with the compiler and check to make sure the code runs
on both a 2003 and 2007 machine.

All you really need to do is after creating the Excel object save the
file using SAVEAS and save the file as an XLS extension. Also make sure
you don't use any features that aren't supported in 2003.

The application/library isn't the important issue it is the saved file
structure. If you open an XLS file in 2003 and 2007 the excel
application will look different, but the data will be the same and all
the feature will work because excel 2007 is intenend to be upward
compatibile with excel 2003. Both 2003 and 2007 will read the same XLS
file which will make you code run on both type of PC's.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

[url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url]