From: Alan on
Does anyone know the difference between the Excel 5 library and Excel
11.0 Object Library?

I am using Visual Studio 2008 and cannot find a listing (under
COM libraries) for 11.0.

Thanks, Alan

From: joel on

The libraries are not really much different. The libraries are mostly
wrappers which call the DLLs in Windos. The DLL's are located in two
locations

1) Windows/system32
2) Program Files ...\Office11 (or the version of office installed
on you PC).

I don't know if excel 5 is refering to the VB-5 or Office 95.

Office 2000 and up are pretty similar just some enhancements. Office
97 was significantly different.

If it is refering to Office product then I think this is what I
remember
5.0 is Office 1995
7.0 is Office 1997
8.0 is Office 1998 - not sure if this ever existed
9.0 is Office 2000
10.0 is Office 2002
11.0 is Office 2003
12.0 is Office 2008

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

From: Peter T on
5 : Excel 5 (in 1993)
7 : Excel 95
8 : '97

Office 1998 was for Mac, although there was Outlook 98 for PC

AFAIK VB.Net will not work with Excel 5

Regards,
Peter T

From: Alan on
That`s sort of what I thought.. ...

Questions:

1. What is the easiest way to find the Excel 11.0 Object Library on my
hard disk, if it exists?

2. If it`s not there, do you know if I can find it someplace and
download it?

Thanks, Alan

From: Alan on
I think the IDE or Office may be forcing use of the 2007 (12.0) object
library, and I think perhaps I need to modify the "binding redirect
policy," but I cannot find an authorirative reference on this.

Alan