From: Cheri on
I have numbers with 4 leading zeros and want to drop 3 - i've tried custom
0##### but the numbers seem to be formatted so that they won't change. How
can I drop those 3 leading zeros
From: Bobby Johnson on
I would suggest posting in an Excel group where you will find more
people dealing with the program.

I don't know what catagory your question would fall into, but you can
start in:
microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
or
microsoft.public.excel.templates

This group for Operating System questions instead of the Application.

From: Carlos on
Cheri,
Here:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html
you'll find detailed info about numerical formats in Excel.
There's a specific paragraph titled "Leading and Trailing Zeros and Spaces"
that will help you with your issue.
Carlos