From: csw on

I'm moving classic asp sites from Windows 2000 / IIS 5 to Windows 2008 R2 /
IIS 7.

* We have the "Indexing Service" started.
* I have forced IIS to run application pool in 32 bit mode.
* IXSSO.DLL is present in System32 directory. (dated 7/13/2009 it is from
W2k8, I assume it is 64 bits)
* Catalogs were created and looked OK.

However, I am unable to create an ixsso.Query object.
Get the following error message :

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad'
ActiveX component can't create object
/HC/ECO/Announcements/Headlines/SearchResults.asp, line 39

The ASP code is like this:
<%
Dim sSearchString
Dim oQuery
Dim results()
sSearchString = Request.Form("query")
Const SEARCH_CATALOG = "Headlines"

Set oQuery =
Server.CreateObject("IXSSO.Query")
oQuery.Catalog = SEARCH_CATALOG
oQuery.Query = "@all " & sSearchString &
" AND NOT #path *downloads* AND NOT #path *images* AND NOT #filename *.class
AND NOT #filename *.asa AND NOT #filename *.css AND NOT #filename
*postinfo.html AND NOT *.txt AND NOT #filename sendmail.asp, AND NOT
#filename *defaultpopup.asp"

oQuery.MaxRecords = 50
' sort by creation date
oQuery.SortBy = "Create[d]"
'oQuery.SortBy = "rank[d]"
oQuery.Columns = "Htmlhref, DocAuthor,
vpath, doctitle, FileName, Path, Write, Size, Rank, Create, Characterization,
DocCategory, HitCount"
Set oRS =
oQuery.CreateRecordSet("nonsequential")
%>

It crashed at " Set oQuery = Server.CreateObject("IXSSO.Query") "

My question:
Can I replace IXSSO.DLL from W2K (6/19/2003 32 Bit ) on W2K8? Thus the
"bitness" issue can be resolved. However the process is still 64 bit, isn't
it?

I was reading one of the old window VISTA forum. I found this explanation,
but I cannot put it together to apply to ASP.

QUOTE
A VBS file will by default be executed by the WScript.exe in System32 folder
but on a 64 bit system this is a 64 bit process. Trying to instance the
class fails since the dll is 32 bit. Using the WScrpt.exe in the SysWOW64
folder works fine.
UNQUOTE

what am I missing?

Pages: 1