From: Kue2 on
I loaded the CommunityForumsNNTPServer (codeplex one).
I thought it was suppose to replace the other 2- bridges, so you only had it
running?
I can only get the social answers forums if I load the
CommunityForumsNNTPServer &
the Microsoft Answers NNTP Bridge. I have it loaded in Windows 7 64 using
windows live mail
newsreader.
Anyone?

From: "BullDawg" eschol1948 AT Gmail Dot Com on
You might find help here.

http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/Thread/List.aspx

and here if you have access.

https://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx

Even though the Microsoft forum was intended for the Microsoft Bridge, the
discussion is mostly about the Codeplex Bridge currently.

--
______________
BullDawg

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Not sure what the problem is, Kue2. I'm seeing both Technet and Answers
forums without issue. Took a while to get all the "newsgroups" downloaded,
but now works fine.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
Agreed about both sources for help, though I suppose we should be polite and
stick to the CodePlex forum for help. (But then, why would anyone running an
NNTP bridge to not have to deal with Forums through the Web want to then go
to a Web Forum for help? And the Connect "Forum" is also a Connect
newsgroup. )

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

"BullDawg" <eschol1948 AT Gmail Dot Com (No Spaces)@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:hudicc$jpj$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...

From: "BullDawg" eschol1948 AT Gmail Dot Com on
Well, I do access the Connect groups through NNTP, but for the Codeplex,
there is only the Forums. And like you, I'm not sure what the problem is,
so directing him to those two was my best shot!

--
______________
BullDawg

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <Charlie(a)mvKILLALLSPAMMERSps.org> wrote in message
> Agreed about both sources for help, though I suppose we should be polite
> and stick to the CodePlex forum for help. (But then, why would anyone
> running an NNTP bridge to not have to deal with Forums through the Web
> want to then go to a Web Forum for help? And the Connect "Forum" is also a
> Connect newsgroup. )
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel
>

> "BullDawg" <eschol1948 AT Gmail Dot Com (No Spaces)@gmail.com> wrote in
> message news:hudicc$jpj$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
>> You might find help here.
>>
>> http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/Thread/List.aspx
>>
>> and here if you have access.
>>
>> https://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/community/discussion/richui/default.aspx
>>
>> Even though the Microsoft forum was intended for the Microsoft Bridge,
>> the discussion is mostly about the Codeplex Bridge currently.
>>
>> --
>> ______________
>> BullDawg
>> Associate Expert
>> In God We Trust
>> ______________
>>
>> "Kue2" <Kue2(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I loaded the CommunityForumsNNTPServer (codeplex one).
>>> I thought it was suppose to replace the other 2- bridges, so you only
>>> had it running?
>>> I can only get the social answers forums if I load the
>>> CommunityForumsNNTPServer &
>>> the Microsoft Answers NNTP Bridge. I have it loaded in Windows 7 64
>>> using windows live mail
>>> newsreader.
>>> Anyone?
>>

 |  Next  |  Last