From: Kue2 on
Hi Charlie

Loaded latest bridge build this morning from "communitybridge.codeplex.com".
Removed older version prior to installing latest version.
Problem solved. Only thing of note is I'm using port 120, in newsreader &
bridge. The bridge loaded
with that port auto selected. All newsgroups now appear here, only using the
communitybridge from
www.communitybridge.codeplex.com. I'm using windows live mail newsreader in
Windows 7 64.
Still have to sign-in when exciting bridge.

From: Kue2 on
Hi Mike
easiest way is to download the latest bridge from here.

http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

You only need this bridge. Then set-up your Thunderbird News reader.
server: 127.0.0.1 then I called it "community forums". put in the rest of
your setting
including your sign-in. Use whatever port the bridge uses when it's set-up.
119 is the default port
in thunderbird, but I use 120, because the bridge used that one.
Once you excite the bridge remember to leave it running.

The way the newsreader categorizes the groups is very nice. Really like the
layout.

From: Poutnik on
In article <uCHr6YYBLHA.6116(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, Kue2(a)hotmail.com
says...

> All newsgroups now appear here, only using the communitybridge from
> www.communitybridge.codeplex.com. I'm using windows live mail newsreader in
> Windows 7 64. Still have to sign-in when exciting bridge.

You can set in Bridge Tools LiveID autologin.
It will load from Ms site a kind of authentification code,
and next time a bridge is launched it will log in automatically.

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.
From: Mike on
Hi Kue2,

Thanks very much for the help you gave, its nice to have someone reply
with helpful answers, not just "go elsewhere" or "Read the manual"

Your answer was just what I needed, someone who confirmed I could do
what I wanted and was just doing it wrong.

Turned out I needed to delete the connection I'd set up, recreate a new
connection with the bridge running and it all works.
I reckon it was the user name & password was wrong, its awkward to
change it if you get it wrong.
Just wish Microsoft used better forum names.

Your help was very much appreciated.

Mike

From: Kue2 on
Hi Mike
You are welcome, glad I could help....

> Hi Kue2,
>
> Thanks very much for the help you gave, its nice to have someone reply
> with helpful answers, not just "go elsewhere" or "Read the manual"
>
> Your answer was just what I needed, someone who confirmed I could do what
> I wanted and was just doing it wrong.
>
> Turned out I needed to delete the connection I'd set up, recreate a new
> connection with the bridge running and it all works.
> I reckon it was the user name & password was wrong, its awkward to change
> it if you get it wrong.
> Just wish Microsoft used better forum names.
>
> Your help was very much appreciated.
>
> Mike
>
> On 06/06/2010 5:05 PM, Kue2 wrote:
>> Hi Mike
>> easiest way is to download the latest bridge from here.
>>
>> http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
>>
>> You only need this bridge. Then set-up your Thunderbird News reader.
>> server: 127.0.0.1 then I called it "community forums". put in the rest
>> of your setting
>> including your sign-in. Use whatever port the bridge uses when it's
>> set-up. 119 is the default port
>> in thunderbird, but I use 120, because the bridge used that one.
>> Once you excite the bridge remember to leave it running.
>>
>> The way the newsreader categorizes the groups is very nice. Really like
>> the layout.
>>
>> "Mike" <me(a)mine.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've used Mozilla Thunderbird for the old newsgroups, but I'm
>>> struggling to access anything in the new state of play.
>>> I've installed both the microsoft bridge and the community bridge.
>>>
>>> I can see the community bridge loading newsgroup entries, but that's
>>> as far as i can get.
>>>
>>> Can anyone help an old codger out and tell me if I have to use
>>> something else like windows mail instead of T'bird?
>>>
>>> Mike

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Question of RAID in x64