From: Poutnik on
In article <OWqf$tZBLHA.6116(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, me(a)mine.com says...

> Thanks very much for the help you gave, its nice to have someone >
> reply with helpful answers,
> not just "go elsewhere" or "Read the manual"

Good reference is as good answer as direct answer.
Often even better,
teaching catching fish instead of giving fish.

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.
From: Robert Aldwinckle on

"Mike" <me(a)mine.com> wrote in message

> Just wish Microsoft used better forum names.

Enable newsgroup descriptions too.

From: Mike on
On 07/06/2010 2:19 AM, Poutnik wrote:
> In article<OWqf$tZBLHA.6116(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl>, me(a)mine.com says...
>>
>> Thanks very much for the help you gave, its nice to have someone>
>> reply with helpful answers,
>> not just "go elsewhere" or "Read the manual"
>
> Good reference is as good answer as direct answer.
> Often even better,
> teaching catching fish instead of giving fish.

In-experience and frustration can cause circles in the sand, so the boat
never sails, the fish are never caught.

A helpful answer AND a suggestion for further thought reduces stress,
enhances the gathering of knowledge and may also help others.
These groups are about helping each other, we should not aspire to be
directors of anything.

Mike
From: poutnik on
In article <OPAeyKKELHA.5668(a)TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, me(a)mine.com says...

> In-experience and frustration can cause circles in the sand, so the boat
> never sails, the fish are never caught.
>
> A helpful answer AND a suggestion for further thought reduces stress,
> enhances the gathering of knowledge and may also help others.
> These groups are about helping each other, we should not aspire to be
> directors of anything.

I agree, for difficult problems it is true.
Personally I like helping friends and people,
but not giving a fish without at least small fishing lesson.

For most of answers
it would be much faster for a requestor
to create simple Google query.

--
Poutnik
The best depends on how the best is defined.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: Question of RAID in x64
Next: Excel